Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rained all afternoon and half the night, so my hands looked like prunes; but I stayed dry over all. Went over southwest of Leadville to Halfmoon Creek. This is a pay campground that I gladly pay to camp in. Since it's surrounded by national forest land with free camping, it doesn't get much traffic. Tents and RV's all over the place yesterday but I was the only guy in the campground, besides the camp host who is a pretty good old boy up here from east Texas. (Well pretty good except for the Texas part) I encounter more Texans along Halfmoon than most of the other places I go. Him bein from Texas, we were able to converse like normal people do, first about the weather, then about stupid tourist tricks we'd seen, then about fishin. He tipped me off that he was pretty sure that the wildlife dept. had recently stocked Emerald Lake over to the west. So I allowed as to how I would go check that out. Yeah buddy he was right. Limited out (4) in ten minutes on a white Rooster Tail spinner. Switched over to a barbless version and did some catch and release of about 15 more. No lunkers, and the biggest one was about 14 inches. In spite of the rain, 65 in the day and only a low of 44 at night, which surprised me for this part of the country. (I halfway expected the rain to turn off to snow before daylight)

Attachments

• 8-4b.jpg
    8-4b.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 8-4c.jpg
    8-4c.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 8-4d.jpg
    8-4d.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 89
  • 8-4e.jpg
    8-4e.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 8-4f.jpg
    8-4f.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the title of your post.:laughing7:...and nice pictures

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice, Very Nice! :icon_thumleft: Those Rainbow's are perfect eating size! Looks like an awesome place to camp.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice catch, cleansing shower and a awesome morning. You sure know how to live!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice place! Thanks for the info and beautiful pictures. I've never traveled much and enjoy seeing photos like this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread