curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The other day hubby says he see's a Raven just landed & it's a big one, turns out it's the Black Hawk back. They spend most of their time down in Mexico, C. & S. America and come here for a bit to escape the really hot heat, I guess, maybe nest.....? Got these pictures, not very good but the Big guy doesn't like his pic. taken very much.:-\ He's also not all black, there's some little white spots, one on the very top of his head in the picture where he's looking down. I tried to lighten up a couple of the pictures to see him a bit better, black is so hard to photograph. They eat fish & frogs mostly.

DSCN4776.JPG FSCN4824.JPG FSCN4823.JPG

FSCN4822.JPG RSCN4812.JPG RSCN4815.JPG

FSCN4808.JPG RSCN4813.JPG RSCN4814.JPG

...and a couple of interesting cloud formations... FSCN4317.JPG FSCN4551.JPG :)

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey kat!! Your Hawk looks as if he has had some skirmishes along the line with the feathers around his neck!! Neat Clouds!! Thanks for sharing!! Hope your well!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep, more great pictures, Kat. Very unusual cloud formations. Never seen anything like 'em.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERDE....don't know if those white things are from fights or just white feather spots? He (she?) seems to be very shy, haven't seen it again since I tried to sneak up & get the pictures. I read up on the "Common Black Hawk" & they do say they're picky about being spotted, hope I didn't scare it off for good, we'll see. The "Common" part of it's name is odd because they're "Rare" here....but I guess "Common" in South & C. America. :)

Thanks ncnurseryman & vpnavy :icon_profileleft:

I love clouds texasred & thanks!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great shots Kat!

Bird of prey are probably some of the toughest birds
to get pics of, as they can see a country mile and aren't
real sociable..lol

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks DizzyDigger....you're right about the hunters...still haven't seen him back yet. :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread