tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 1st is someplace along Wyoming highway 191 maybe 60 miles south of Rock Springs. (no one around that I could see, here at this place) Looked like a good spot to check out there Digger. Saw evidence in a couple small pieces and would have liked to spend a bit more time, but had to highball it to Green River, Utah before it got to late. At a high pass on Utah's highway 191 between Duchesne and Price Utah I saw a few Aspen tree turning quite well, and would have liked to take a picture, but the light was just about gone by the time I made it over that hill of 9000 ft. The 2nd picture is the Idaho Springs, Colorado water wheel I took from the truck, as that's were I was stopped in the I-70 construction hold up coming home yesterday in the late afternoon. I'm back here in the "Rat Race" now.

Attachments

• wyo hwy 191.jpg
    wyo hwy 191.jpg
    883.4 KB · Views: 84
  • idaho spgs wheel.jpg
    idaho spgs wheel.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 98

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always wanted to get a pic of that water wheel but never made the time. Haven't even been through the tunnel in about two years now. One Halloween they had that water wheel fixed up like a Jack-o-lantern.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that you were in a rush, but checking around that water source and in the area where I positioned the arrow would be a good place to look. Wishing you safe travels!

wyo hwy 191.jpg

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always wanted to get a pic of that water wheel but never made the time. Haven't even been through the tunnel in about two years now. One Halloween they had that water wheel fixed up like a Jack-o-lantern.
They still do that Pumpkin set up and Christmas lights at that time of year. It's a short time when it's rotating in action and it is now doing that. It was build by some fellow who had a mine up in the hills in the area around the 1880 or so, I think? It was moved to this spot in the 1960's "I want to say"?. If you park in the I.S. down town parking you head over by the old steam locomotive and there's a concrete walking path that goes under the interstate and you can stand on the other side of the creek from it. From there it makes a nice picture. I took this one with my cell phone on Aug. 2012. Thats the only other one I have of it. It was kind of a unique opportunity to have been stopped at that spot on I-70 for a 15-20 minute highway shut down.

Attachments

• water wheel ida spgs.jpg
    water wheel ida spgs.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear that you were in a rush, but checking around that water source and in the area where I positioned the arrow would be a good place to look. Wishing you safe travels!

View attachment 1038052
Indeed! That thicker grove in front of your arrow would be were I'd start. I do review the photo's I take of these places to give me a good prospective on were I may look around at the next time I'm in the area. I see a nice pull off next to the road up the hill from your arrow. The signs of good possibilities I did find. Nothing worth keeping though.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tamrock, thanks for the pictures. I've now got a reason to get up to Idaho Springs. I'd like to see that water wheel. I've been to Twin Falls a few times, but didn't get up to Idaho Falls. Maybe next year. So many places, so little time and energy left. I'm hoping to drive up to Silver City sometime during the next two weeks. A friend wants me to take her to the Boise aquarium and zoo; but also wants to go back to the Bruneau Dunes Observatory before it closes for the season. We went to the observatory last year and both of us want to go again this year.

Actually, I had not heard of that water wheel. Yeah, I've got to go see that.

Again, thanks for all of wonderful pictures you've been posting.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions