Beautiful Bug....would really love a ID on it....and some others.....

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....only saw this one once and it was so pretty, never saw anything like it before. Does anyone know what it is? I did try to look it up but haven't been able to find out what it is yet...thanks guys!

RSCN7285.JPG ....it's the "mosaic" looking face & colors that I really like.

Guess while I'm at it, anyone know what this is...it was flying around & buzzing me like a wasp, it was rather large.

FSCN7281.JPG RSCN7286.JPG

Ok...now I'll be a little mean and end this post with this guy...he's kind of scary....it's a tarantula wasp, really big...still haven't seen the spiders yet but probably soon.

RSCN7025.JPG RSCN7027.JPG RSCN7032.JPG ...sweet dreams.;)

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your first bug is "Oncometopia alpha Fowler" a large, rare,univoltine leafhopper species.

JHEHRR6HDH7LPZLLGZXLUZIL5ZIL3HGLUZWHVZ8LAZML9ZXLNZ4L3HEHBZ9HLR6HBZ4LUZHLPZKL6Z4H4ZHL9ZNHJH.jpg

Your next bug is a click beetle ''chalcolepidius''

apache_click_beetle_jeff.jpg

Interesting insects! :thumbsup:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Those click beetles are cool!! Species around here.

GOD Bless

Chris

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    222 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old digger.....:wav:...you are my Hero! Thank you for the ID on this "now" fave bug & the click beetle....don't know how you managed to find it, must be a "bug" expert! And I really like that picture you posted of the (what I'm going to call it because it's real name is way to hard to say)" lavender leafhopper".;)

worldtalker....the "clickbug" thing did enter my mind when I first saw it after it landed, just thought it was to large to be one. All the ones I've seen before were so much smaller. Yours picture is prettier than the type I saw, thanks for sharing it. :)

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
old digger.....:wav:...you are my Hero! Thank you for the ID on this "now" fave bug & the click beetle....don't know how you managed to find it, must be a "bug" expert! And I really like that picture you posted of the (what I'm going to call it because it's real name is way to hard to say)" lavender leafhopper".;)

worldtalker....the "clickbug" thing did enter my mind when I first saw it after it landed, just thought it was to large to be one. All the ones I've seen before were so much smaller. Yours picture is prettier than the type I saw, thanks for sharing it. :)

I only saw the little brown ones till I lived in Tennessee,the critters down there are quite spectacular in color
they sure aren't like that around here,well till I saw big eyes,as a matter of fact it landed on my tshirt and took a
crap!

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry worldtalker that you got pooped on. I accidently got a picture of a lizard doing that yesterday but decided not to save it....know what they say..."ship happens". ;)

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you BurntBear...I like your Yeats quote :thumbsup:....so true!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread