tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this fella from St Louis, Mo this week with me. He asked if these horses we saw out in the middle of nowhere are wild?. I've whistle at them before and they'll come see ya. I said I think they could be, so lets ask them. It kind of freaked him out when they all came over and surrounded the car. Told him you better have a energy bar or something good or we ain't getting out of here. I always like having fun with folks who come ride along with me.

Attachments

• DMC 1.jpg
    DMC 1.jpg
    1,006.3 KB · Views: 95
  • DMC 2.jpg
    DMC 2.jpg
    917.9 KB · Views: 85
  • DMC 5.jpg
    DMC 5.jpg
    813 KB · Views: 83
  • DMC 4.jpg
    DMC 4.jpg
    820.8 KB · Views: 88
  • DMC 3.jpg
    DMC 3.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 71

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They most likely have had human contact. Wild horses will not let you get that close to them.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe you didn't tell him how they love to give people rides, and let him hop on one. THAT would have been a photo op.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They most likely have had human contact. Wild horses will not let you get that close to them.
There is a sign that says wild horse loop just out of Green River Wyo. The fella I had with me lives at a place in down town St Louis called "The Hill". So he was thinking these were wild animals. There just a friendly bunch. I get salt lick blocks for friends and customers direct from mine of (Redmond Real Salt). I need to pick up a couple for these guys. This pic is a wild one from northern New Mexico, I caught a bit of guard one time. You can see the difference in this guy to these in Wyoming. This ones much leaner and way more active. It took off just after I pull next to it and snapped a shot with the phone cam.
Western Horseman - Western Horseman
article

Attachments

• wild horse.jpg
    wild horse.jpg
    322.6 KB · Views: 70
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:....that's a great story tamrock! And cute horses.:icon_thumright:
I think they may have just wanted to check out the new Chevy Cruz I rented from Enterprise for this trip. I got a bit concerned they wouldn't like it and give it a swift kick. ???

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

There are some wild horses north of Lovell, WY. in the Pryor Mts. and the closest that I have been able to drive or walk up to them is 30 to 40 feet. They just have not learned to trust humans completely. I believe that they round them up every year and auction off a few every year. There are some genetics in these horses that go back to the original Spanish horses that had the stripped markings on the top, front fore leg. I understand it is a unique gene trait.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions