Mantis...prettier than you might think...;)

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Such an interesting creature the way it follows your every move...always liked them & wanted to share. :)

RSCN5740.JPG RSCN5503.JPG RSCN7288.JPG

Also will add this large "walking stick" odd fellow.... FSCN9617.JPG

....will end with this very cute little spider...think it's one of those little jumpers? RSCN7853.JPG :)

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Mike...yes, enjoy the "sticks" also...sometimes pick-up sticks.:laughing7:

vpnavy....:icon_sunny: thanks!

scubadude18....:icon_biggrin:...thanks for that funny!

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Can we go back to those cute deer now? The bugs are gross. I moved into my 3rd floor one bedroom apt here because I cam back to town for surgery three years ago. I have not seen a single bug in over 3 years, so I stayed here, instead of moving to a house. Never been anywhere in San Antonio that wasn't visited by giant roaches. Finally found a place and I ain't leaving it. I hate bugs...

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not much into bugs but dare I say your mantis is cute?!!! We have a little stick bug clinging to one of the window screens this morning,I should capture his mug.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
austin...know what you mean, I don't like those roaches either...luckily we don't have them here, to dry I guess.

Peaches....:hello: "Hi" gal, good to see you here.:) Yes, we like the "helpful" bugs & thanks!

CoilyGirl....thanks...yes, get a pic. when you can.:thumbsup:

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, I never had any doubt they were pretty! :)

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
gotta love a good PM

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
would it sound girlie if I said if I see a worm on the sidewalk I put him in the grass before he dries out?

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OV....:thumbsup:

Meadow....so nice of you..."everyone is beautiful, in their own..." :icon_thumleft:

jeff-gordon....thanks...and no, not girlie...just thoughtful....oh, maybe that is girlie...:laughing7:...kidding.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, Jeff, I wouldn't consider 'girlie'. To me it's more like 'humane'!

Yes, everything is beautiful to someone/something. Those pictures of the mantis are great; but I've always avoided mantis. To me, they just look like something I would not want to come into contact with. I've seen others hold them, let 'em crawl all over 'em; but I couldn't stand it! I used to know a boy that liked scorpions. He would bring them to school in a 'penny' match box. He'd take them out of the box and let them crawl up his hands and arms. Said he had never been stung by one yet.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I respect all life that doesn't try to harm me ( mosquitos, virus' beware) (( sheesh still some hippy left in me))

See life in travail? give it a break

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
texasred....yes, there are special people who enjoy the "creepy-crawly's" of the world. I'm not to fond of "holding" them either. And the worst bite/sting I've ever had was from a scorpion...a bark scorpion...the after effects lasted over a week, just lucky I only got a small amount of the venom, most was left on the rock I picked up.

jeff-gordon....awesome :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread