Ever been unhappy with your digital camera?

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Results = Hammer Time !!

8_31_2014 hammer time.jpg

The camera lasted about 3 months only, then lens refused to come out, will never buy this brand again. Though I do have a 8.2 Mpixel camera by the same company that has now outlived 3 other cameras. Go figure ! Have no plans to buy a new camera for a while now, will use my old one a while.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your camera :sad7:....while I do love my Nikon...it's not perfect...lately the Zoom has a mind of it's own, not happy about that. I've heard that Cannon is the way to go, so that's my next one.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The junk they sell these days >:(

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used cameras of relatively high quality are so cheap on Ebay these days, that I don't worry about them too much.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Used cameras of relatively high quality are so cheap on Ebay these days, that I don't worry about them too much.
I know. The one I take with me all the time I got a the pawn shop for 35 bucks. It's not high end, but takes decent pictures and is easy to work with. It's a step up over a cell phone camera. I should look into something better being the prices a so good for used.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A shame; the technology is so advanced, but the practical engineering sucks (which I suspect is overseen by finance vice presidents).

My Sony is the first one (out of maybe a half dozen) that has hung around for a while. Mostly they liked to turn on in my pocket and then jam the lens, virtually unfixable except by hammer. What a design flaw. Mine has a fragile memory card door that likes to open on its own, just waiting to be broken off.

What's so hard about product design?

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry about your camera :sad7:....while I do love my Nikon...it's not perfect...lately the Zoom has a mind of it's own, not happy about that. I've heard that Cannon is the way to go, so that's my next one.

Have had Canon cameras just about forever and really like them. However on the digital ones that have a shutter type feature when the lens retracts this shutter when closing has marked and scratched the lens leaving marks which show up as blur marks on pictures and movies. I would assume that all brands that have this shutter feature could do the same and leave scratches...

Canon though is very good for customer service as the newest digital for me was the PowerShot G1 X Mark II. The shutter scratched the lens and I sent it back and they said they could not repair it but are sending me a new camera (same model) When I receive this new camera the first thing I will do is sell it as in the mean time I bought a Canon DSLR with the normal lens retraction (no shutter type and no scratches this way on the lens)......Just my experience and hopefully this may help some with their camera thoughts....

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've got a Samsung that I've had about 6 or more years, an 8.1 mega pixel. It's great (to me) for taking still pictures. Not too bad for movies. I also have a Panasonic, either 10 or 12+ mega pixel, that is ok for stills, but really great for movies.

Before these I had one that was only 1.6 mega pixels. It still worked ok, just not as good as the other two. When my grandson went on his senior trip a couple of years ago, he wanted to take a camera. His mom has a good camera, don't remember the brand. I let him use the little 1.6 mega pixel camera. Sure 'nough! When I got it back the battery door latch was broken. I had to tape the door shut to use it. Then got to using rubber bands because of the sticky build-up from the tape. Finally I just tossed it. Kids! Love 'em, but they can be so irresponsible. Sure glad he took my camera instead of his mom's!

I've got a little Sony camcorder; but very seldom use it since I have the digital cameras that can take movies.

OP
OP
CoinandRelicMan

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Think all the ones that have failed on me had the 5 x optical zoom (3 cameras so far)the 3x optic zooms seem to be a more robust designs. Has anyone else noticed this?

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, the Samsung has 10x and the Panasonic has 12. I've had no problems with either except trying to hold them steady. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread