curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wanted to share these so-so photos of this pretty & funny bird.....hardly get to see it as it stays pretty hidden most of the time. There was a young one with it...sorry had to zoom in and take fast.

FSCN8817.JPG FSCN8821.JPG FSCN8823.JPG

FSCN8818.JPG FSCN8820.JPG

....and this pretty transparent flower, there only one, don't know what it is ? DSCN8746.JPG :)

Last edited:

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still, some great pics CK. The flowers look like they are plastic! :laughing7: very different.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Your pics just get more outstanding every day. What a beautiful bird. Once again, thanks for posting. I think you have discovered a lot more treasure than anyone on this site...

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TJE...yeah those flowers are odd/fake looking, but sturdy even though they don't look it, wish I knew what they are?

Austin...thanks....the Tanager is a pretty color, don't know much about them but with that thick bill, they're also amusing with the looks they get.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PamDF....yes, I'd really like to know what the flowers are...let me know if anyone knows please. :)

Thank you vpnavy!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think I've ever seen one of those. I did see sitting on the edge of a small farm pond close by an Arctic Tern earlier this summer. Dang if I didn't have the camera with me. I looked into their migration path, but it said they travel the pacific coast all up and down north and south america. I do live on the migration path of the Rocky Mountain front range, so I do see many migrating birds like Canadian & snow geese with a few others species, but this tern was off his path. Maybe he decided to fly with the geese this year. :dontknow: I do like bird watching and you have so many interesting opportunities to share with us. Thank you for that!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty Bird! :icon_thumleft: Just love that flower, you should collect the seeds after the flower head dies off and plant them in a certain spot this fall and they should come up next spring.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tamrock....sounds like you're in a great place for bird watching to! Need a handy little camera to keep with you & take advantage of it. And you're sure welcome & thank you for all of you Wonderful posts. :icon_thumright:

old digger.....thank you. :) And, I was expecting that advice from someone....I'm a baaaad girl....pretty little flower gone now, had flood, washed away...I was to late. :-[ I'm really hoping that next spring it's back, only thing is, there was only this one, no more around...even asked neighbor if she'd seen any...nope! I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Tried to look it up & can't find what it was, let me know if you ever come across something like it please. Hope you're doing good? :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread