BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
I posted this in the Photography section of the forums. To avoid uploading more photos to the site and taking up space; I will just post a link to that thread.

Please Click Here

Thanks for looking!

125_2617.JPG

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I went to the site. Great pictures. So peaceful looking! I could spend a lot of time in a place like that.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have always wanted to meet someone from Mountain City. What is the story on the Steve Earle song ? Is it true ? You may be too young , do you know what I am referring to ?

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm not from here, but I know some about that. That song is mostly false. The locals here will tell you it's all a load of crap, lol.

By the way, I've been to Chattanooga several times throughout the years. My grandfather used to live across the border in Dade County, Georgia. I liked it there.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Checked it out. Pretty country, nice pics. I'm not familiar much with your part of the country, but you guys have to pay to use hiking trails? And what kind of dangers are there? Up here there are lots of fee areas of course, but lots of free hiking trails and bike paths. Danger is pretty much of your own making. Or wildlife encounters gone wrong. Sometimes avalanches or mudslides, but for the most part it's pretty safe if you pay attention.

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No, sorry if that was confusing. Hiking is free. The only time you pay is for off-roading trails for Jeeps/ATVS etc. That's like $5.00 a day. Very dangerous forests here. Lot's of wildlife, bears, Copperheads, Cottonmouths, rattle snakes, large cats, steep cliffs and trails etc. I use the utmost care in prospecting for gold and gemstones. I'm usually quite a ways away from the public, deep in the woods where no one can find me. It can be scary at times. I always carry a snake bite kit.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I understand now. I don't have a problem with a little fee for certain types of usage. Pretty much the same conditions in our forests here, but no poisonous snakes. Hardly any snakes at all at this altitude. (No chiggers, either!!) I have experience with all the ones you mentioned though, and of them all I found the copperhead the most despicable. One danger we have in the forests here in Summit County is that due to the beetle kill there's thousands of standing dead pine trees. These are starting to fall. Most of the main recreation areas used by people have been clear cut, but in some of the places I like to go you really have to be aware of the possibility of a tree falling on you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread