Delta Blues and the cross roads.

Sidevalve45

Apr 8, 2007
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter/Sharp Shooter
Hello,
We stopped at the Delta Blues Museum in Clarksdale, Mississippi while on our trip this summer. Which is also the location of the cross roads of highways 49 and 61 where legend has it that Robert Johnson sold his soul to the devil so he could play the blues.

Thanks for looking,
Sidevalve45

IMG_1005.JPG IMG_1004.JPG IMG_1006.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How funny!... I couldn't sleep very well like 3am this morn?, so I sat up downstairs in the dark and turned on the radio and just slowly tuned the AM dial. I listen a bit to some of the oddball talk shows and then came across an old time blues playing station out there someplace in radio land?. That really put my mind at ease. Even though the signal was very poor, it did the job of rock-en me back to sleep. I so do enjoy the American music culture we have in this country. Ain't nothing else like it.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the pictures! I'm a blues fan, and the delta blues are some of, although not all of my favorites. I like some of almost all styles/genre of music, except rap. I've even found some opera that I've enjoyed. The older country and the blues are probably my favorites.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the pictures! I'm a blues fan, and the delta blues are some of, although not all of my favorites. I like some of almost all styles/genre of music, except rap. I've even found some opera that I've enjoyed. The older country and the blues are probably my favorites.

Agree with everything you said except one (1) Rap song. Youtube-"I wish I was a little bit taller" by Skee Lo. Old school and hilarious. As is Jim Carrey's version of Ice, Ice Baby or rather White, White Baby. Other than those two, rap is crap. Missing you in Texas...

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok, Austin, I'll check that out! As I've always said, there's gotta be something in every genre that I like; but so far, nothing I've found in Rap that I can even consider acceptable to my ears. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread