Stuff I saw on a walk this last week and a....what is it?

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always see things on walks around the property, so just sharing...:)

FSCN3965.JPG FSCN4171.JPG FSCN4581.JPG

FSCN4943.JPG FSCN5294.JPG FSCN5448.JPG

FSCN5571.JPG FSCN5579.JPG FSCN6322.JPG

....and this is the "what is it"? Though it was bird doo-doo..but look closer... RSCN4578.JPG ...what's it going to be?

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quite a menagerie you have there around you place. Know wonder the early Indians that part of your area, and I would do a lot of searching for artifact "In" and around those springs.
But I believe your mystery cocoon is... "Chlosyne leanira" or the Leanira Checkerspot.

7170899111_18173f0e9d_z.jpg thessalia_leanira_alma_pupa_raisingbutterflies.jpg

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks fyrffyyr1...it is/was hard...guess I should go check to see if it's gone by now.

That's so very nice of you old digger to look it up & post the pictures, thank you. :icon_thumleft: You know, I just took a picture that I think looks like the one you posted...going to post it here to see, maybe it's the same or in the same family? And yes, you are right on why the NA lived here for so long...has just about everything and pretty good weather....most of the time.:thumbsup:
FSCN8177.JPG ....maybe?

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have to add this...that "what is it" thing...well I went out today to check on it and almost fell over...it's really changed. At least I think this is the same "thing", it's on the very same leaf....hope you see this old digger...is this the "next step" in this becoming the butterfly? Can't believe how much it's changed...:icon_scratch:

...this is the first pic... FSCN4577.JPG ...and this is now... FSCN9315.JPG & FSCN9317.JPG ???

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Think I do a "new" post on this one!