Spider Season....got a BIG one & pretty one.....

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw this Tarantula, almost stepped on it...got brave and even took a shot from the front.;)

FSCN7893.JPG FSCN7891.JPG FSCN7889.JPG

This is my favorite one, looks like a toy & so pretty...think it's a type of jumping spider?

RSCN8038.JPG RSCN8039.JPG RSCN8036.JPG

And the some regular ones....:)

FSCN6790.JPG FSCN7736.JPG RSCN7815.JPG

FSCN9294.JPG ...this one was pretty big & scary...wolf spider? Thanks for putting up with all my pictures...just like doing it.:)

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pic's ck, My youngest daughter was a volunteer at the Butterfly pavilion for two summers and she'd hold a Tarantula in her hand and talk to the kids on field trips to the BP about spider's. It was big spider and her name was Rosie. She then took them to a tide-pool set up and pick up and hold a starfish and other tide creatures you find in that environment to show & tell the kids. The kids on the field trip could also hold Rosie the tarantula and pick up a starfish. I had one of those tarantula's in my motel room once in Dumas, Texas. He must have walked in when I left the door open to clear the air. I was laying back watching TV and in a dark corner of the room I saw a huge spider crawling up the wall. I wasn't going to pick that thing up with my bare hands. I found a sheet a paper to let him crawl on to and took that booger outside to do his crawling around.

Last edited:

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great pics, Kat...thanks! I can't believe the blue on that tarantula....amazing
Jim

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Awesome pics, those spiders are amazing! Where I live, there are not many cool spiders, but sometimes you might see a really beautiful spider, here is a photo of the type of spider that lived in my backyard a few years ago (I never took this photo, but I know I have photos of it somewhere), he had a web in my yard for a around month.
argiope6252a.jpg

That orange and black spider looks to be an Apache Jumping Spider.

Here is a photo of an Apache Jumping Spider.

PhidippusApachCO2a.jpg

Last edited:

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome pics CK!...spiders here on northside of Great Lakes are "everywhere" with fall weather staying warm..but none as big as small birds! :)

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never tire of looking at your pictures. I just wish I had as many interesting subjects to shoot.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story tamrock....your daughter sounds like a super person & brave! We had a "pet" Tarantula for years, they live a long time. It was a south American type, they're not so "mild mannered", so never handled it. That's freaky that one was in your motel room though. :O

Jim in Idaho....thanks...actually it wasn't really "blue", sorry...it was overcast so maybe that's why it seems that way? Wish it was blue... think there is a rare "blue" one in S. America though?

coinman123...pretty spider in the pic you posted and thank you so much for giving my fave little guy it's rightful name..."Apache"...:icon_thumleft:

Thank you TJE...for some reason I've always noticed more spiders in fall. And :laughing7:...yes, big as some birds alright!

Austin...guess somebody doesn't like spiders? :laughing7:

fyrffytr1...gee, thanks..very kind of you...well I guess if you live out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere, like me...you can't help but have lots of things creeping & crawling around to take pic's of. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread