Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"Outlaws and Cowboys" No tellin'what else

My last hunt site! Just and Old Cowboy Camp dugout Cowboy Treasures 006.JPG on the Canadian River Breaks in New Mexico! As you can see, not many trees here, but real rich in western history! I found a lot of history ,not much in value ! It was a gift! Hope you enjoy! The Kid! Cowboy Treasures 003.JPG Cowboy Treasures 004.JPG Cowboy Treasures 010.JPG Cowboy Treasures 014.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can almost feel the hot breeze. One can at times find a treasure in those kind of places in the way of old farm and ranch gear. The thing I hope to find in places like that some day, would be an old cast iron windmill weight. I just looked on ebay to see what the latest high price of one went for. Looks like a couple went for over 1300 bucks. cast iron windmill weight | eBay Hope you do find that treasure. Seems it always one of those "Purt Near!" experiences.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool place to hunt. Lots of history associated with the Canadian River, from prehistoric people to early day explorers.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Billy Dixon made his famous shot from a place like that. Don't sell it short on artfacts. Might be a lot away from the dugout. R. Ginn is right. Clovis, then Folsom people, spanish explorers and then the buffalo men and comanches. That area is rich in history. Good luck...

OP
OP
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you ! i REALLY enjoyed the gift 1 I will keep my eye open for a windmill weight for ya! The Kid:icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are exactly right! Im very fortunate to get back on those big ranches and peel out some of that history. Thanks for the comeback and the very best in treasures for the rest of the year!! The Kid

OP
OP
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ol' Billy was a heck of a shot! Wasn't he?? I agree these places are pretty loaded with history and I love to learn! Thanks for the good wishes and the very same to you! My best to all in the "Hill Country"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread