BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
While putting an antique wood stove back together the cat decides to take advantage...yet again!

125_3034.JPG

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The cat probably senses that there will be heat coming from the stove! We used to have a yellow tabby that always sat in front of the old tin wood heater we had in the bedroom when Dad was preparing the heater. He would put in some kindling, then a little kerosene for a 'starter', and then larger pieces on the kindling.
One morning the cat sat there watching Dad. Dad got a little too much kerosene on the wood. He would wait for a few minutes before lighting the fire. He had the front 'flap' open and the cat was about 3 feet from the opening, looking in. Dad dropped the match into the top of the heater and 'whoosh'. Fire flashed out and singed the cat's hair enough that it smelled in the room for several minutes after Dad opened the window to let the scent out. The cat ran under the bed! Dad dove under the bed to make sure that the cat wasn't on fire and cause the bed to catch fire. Quite an exciting episode! The cat showed no ill effects from the event except for its hair being a little black on the ends. We inspected its eyes for damage, but found none. Lucky cat! Yes, he still sat and watched the fire being built after that.

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
You know they really shouldn't make stoves out of wood.
They burn.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cats are so great, perfect little pets and LOVE attention...contrary to what some folks think. You've got a little "ham" I think. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I don't know how he got his belly in there!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cats at times think it's all about them. When I pack to leave early in the morn for a trip our cat at times thinks the suit case is laid out for him. He gets a nasty look in his eye when I go to shoo him off of it. The dogs all know very well not to try and move Mr. Cat from his bed down areas. He's got a few years of seniority here in the pet pecking order.

Attachments

• riz suit case.jpg
    riz suit case.jpg
    876.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions