curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have this long piece of wood (one of those railroad things?) and it's "home" to these 3 little baby lizards. Everyday they sunbath on it together, so cute...that little black spot is a bug that walked by...it's funny that they hold their toes up in the air, guess the wood is hot. lol

RSCN8146.JPG RSCN8149.JPG RSCN8151.JPG

...this was really funny...two of them were sunning together and the one on the left would raise up and turn on it's side...wonder what it means in "lizard" land?

FSCN9324.JPG FSCN9323.JPG ..maybe a "who's the boss" thing?

This guy also lives on the log, in this hole :O...thought maybe he'd get a lizard but no, in fact I've seen the lizards go in that same hole and haven't seen the spider since.

FSCN9135.JPG ...& more pic's of the family......... FSCN9308.JPG

FSCN9331.JPG FSCN9326.JPG

..and odd storm with blue sky, dark clouds and rainbow beneath... FSCN9287.JPG ..nature is wonderful!

...Here 's a better picture showing them with their toes up... FSCN8140.JPG

Attachments

• FSCN8154.JPG
    FSCN8154.JPG
    936 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the spider was 'lizard cuisine'. lol Thanks for the pictures, Kat.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks & welcome....vpnavy & texasred....really, lizards would eat a spider that's as big as them?

Question: Been wondering this...why when I try to take a picture off...does it end up in "attached thumbnails" instead of vanishing, anyone know? :icon_scratch: Am I doing something wrong to get rid of it? thanks :)

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics! My son would be in heaven there. He would be sitting in front of the log watching them as long as they were there. He'd probably be catching bugs to feed them too.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jason....yes ,boys seem to love lizards. My best friend was a boy when I was a child & our favorite thing to do was hunt for lizards & play with them, I wasn't a "doll" type, can you tell...:laughing7:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Pictures! :thumbsup:
I bet that the reason for the postering is for dominance or showing off to the females.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
OMG, my cat would love this. He abides by the rule, "if it moves, it dies". Cool picks. We have a couple kinds of lizard here, but since I started feeding the stray cats, the lizards have vanished. May be off the deck. I'm 3 stories up, but that won't stop them. The squirrels come visiting out there to remind me to put out the pecans and peanuts...

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you old digger....guess lizards are just like men then...;)

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Austin...did you notice that the lizards in my pictures have "new" tails & one has part of his tail...we have 2 cats.:-\ You must have "tall" trees to get squirrels up on the 3'd floor!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could call the one with the short tail, Stub's" ... I had a squirrel around here I named Stub's, because that's all he had for a tail.

OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Stubs" is good tamrock, at least until it grows back...but then the cats might keep him "Stubs". Wonder who/what gave your squirrel a trim?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread