tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went up to Idaho Springs today and one of my daughters had today off, so she went along and we had lunch in town. We went back home to the front range through Central City. We took a little hike on through an old cemetery nestled in a grove of aspens at the base of an old mine. It looked as if one time in the past the cemetery was in a forest fire as some of the tombstones were chard black. It was sad to see a few in this grave yard were young children who died at no more then a few month to a year old in a time frame around 1887 to 1890 by my quick observation of dates. There may have been an epidemic of some kind long ago?. There are old mines scattered all around this area and this old mine site would give you the spooks I'll bet on a moonlit night. The place had creepy dolls placed here and there also. The pic was with my phone and it looks like I didn't clean the lens of the cold mist of this day up there. Sorry about that!

Attachments

• ghost mine.jpg
    ghost mine.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 80

Brian C.

Bronze Member
Jan 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
Whites and Garrett. I use several machines, the ace 350 is a nice machine. I have a 5900, 6000, whites.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It looks like a good spot to stay out of, interesting place, nice colours.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an interesting story tamrock, so much has happened in the past & forgotten. Thanks for taking us along...love aspens to! Hard to believe that each "cluster" is one tree...amazing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread