austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I love Cabela's, but it's 55 miles or so up toward Austin. There is a Bass Pro/Outdoor World about 3 miles from the house so I'm sort of forced to go there because my old truck has 250,000 miles on it. Used to go to Cabela's all the time and just love it. I went to Gander Mountain(about 7-8 miles) but didn't think it was that great. Now, I don't hike, hunt, camp, cook out, fish, boat or anything anymore. But as BC's pics show, the displays are awesome at Cabela's as is the live fish aquariums. Ours has Texas fish(of course). My favorites are the big gar and trophy bass. Oh heck, I want to go now and probably will soon. Take BC1969's word. Cabela's is cool, way cool. Take a trip and see for yourself, even if you do what I do and just hang out. Great pics Bc, thanks for getting an old guy excited at 11:30pm...

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I used to take my kids there to walk around and look at stuff, never bought anything, But its a cool place to hit up when the temps outside are 100+

Great pics, thanks for sharing!

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Cool pics. Haven't been to a Cabellas but I'm an hour from Bass Pro Shop and Smokey Mountain Knife Works. SMKW has similar displays of taxidermy including a super rare White Buffalo but is almost entirely all knives for sale. They did just recently open a gun shop as well. No camping stuff.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pictures, Mike. Thanks! I didn't know Cabellas had such big stores. I've been in one in Boise, but it's a small one. I wandered around some in the store; but didn't see any displays like what your pictures show. Wow! What some scenes! Again, thanks.

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
lol yeah I get excited when we go. about 2 1/2 hour round trip for us also.

Mike

Same here, Mike. Whether we go to the one in CT or ME, its about 2.5 hours. I got a Cabela's Club Visa, and I really like it. I buy all my gas on it, groceries, and propane for the house. In return, I get club points, which I then use for gear. It adds up pretty quick! I wish Cabelas sold decent detectors!

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
As for detectors they had at pros, the minelab exterra series and some whites up to I think was mxt. I'm not sure if they had a white buffalo..I'd not be surprised if they do. have another 140 pics or so, if I could find a way to upload multiple pics at once, versus one at a time I'd up em all. took forever doing those.
my wife wanted to get a .50 desert eagle..told her it would probably break her wrist lol. she sure is turning into a gun nut fast, which I think is great!

Mike

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my wife wanted to get a .50 desert eagle..told her it would probably break her wrist lol. she sure is turning into a gun nut fast, which I think is great!

Good for you, brother!:thumbsup: Its not every day a man can get his wife into something he likes (and vice-versa for the ladies). :thumbsup:

Now here ya go: My wife could care less. What is even more disturbing is that those times that I can get my wife to come shooting with me, she is a crack shot. A real natural. So much so, I dont think I've ever seen her miss more than a few times total. When I get her into the field to do some shooting, she cant wait to get back to the house. :dontknow:

All I know is that I'm one-upped by my wife, and she dont give a red rat's patoot about it. :BangHead:

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it?I havent been there in a hell of a long time,10 years maybe.

Ten years ago it was pretty cool at Kittery Trading Post. Ten years ago they werent trying to compete with BassPro and Cabelas. Now they're filled to capacity with kayaks, camping gear, and clothing. The guns department is huge, and packed shoulder-to-shoulder, as is most of the rest of the store. Sadly, the old Maine feel of the store is gone.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Ten years ago it was pretty cool at Kittery Trading Post. Ten years ago they werent trying to compete with BassPro and Cabelas. Now they're filled to capacity with kayaks, camping gear, and clothing. The guns department is huge, and packed shoulder-to-shoulder, as is most of the rest of the store. Sadly, the old Maine feel of the store is gone.

Thats a shame,I bought my first gun there.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google maps says the new Cabela's in Thornton Colorado is a 20 minute drive from my house now and I drive by it all the time, but have never gone inside. Before that store you'd have a long drive to Sidney Nebraska. I've been to that store a few times over the years.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The closest Cabela's in OR is 4 hours away. I dont getta go to da big city dat much!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread