Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a glimpse of what the cold brought in:

5"-6" of snowfall at 3,040 ft. elevation.

125_3439.JPG

125_3440.JPG

125_3441.JPG

125_3442.JPG

125_3443.JPG

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Colorado, haha! We got a couple of inches last night but it hasn't really started up good yet. I dislike snow, but still I'll take a big snowstorm over an Oklahoma ice storm any day.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife is from NE Tenn. Cumberland Plateau, near Oneida. I've been back there with her a couple of times, really pretty country. I'm to old for that snow though.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well looks like we have a bunch of Hillbillies on here. I am in Rhea County and we had a couple of inches on the mountain, but here in the valley just below, NADA. Could literally look up the side of the mountain from the house and see it start about half way up. HH to my neighbors.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What! No snowman ???

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here in Middle Tennessee I'm just not auite ready for that but it is surely pretty.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
BurntBear, great pictures. I'm getting anxious to see some of that white stuff here in Idaho. I can see a little on the mountain tops in the distance.

RGINN, I definitely know what you mean about the ice storms! I lived just north of Waco, it was New Year's Eve, 1978, cold and started raining. I got up New Year's Day, 1979 and saw ice and more ice. Trees split, limbs broken, and roads were covered with about 1/2 inch to one and a half inches of ice. I was delivering propane at that time. Yep, got a call about 8 a.m. that a customer over in Mt. Calm was out of propane. I cranked the truck, let it warm up, turned the idle screw up to about 12 to 13 miles an hour in 5th gear. That's the way I traveled that day. As I was going along over close to Hubbard, there is a stretch of road that drops off on both sides about 4 to 5 feet; a pretty steep slope. From the bottom of that slope to the fence, it's about 20 feet or so. There were several cars, pickups, and trucks (no semis) down in those ditches. What I found when I got to the customer's tank really ticked this old redhead off. The tank had over 30% in it and was a 363 gallon tank. If I had seen the person, I'd have had to give him a piece of my mind. The lady in the office that called the order to me called him back and 'chewed' him out big time. Well, it ticked him off and he refused to pay the bill; but we went down and picked up the tank on a cold and windy day later the next month! (The tank belonged to our company.)

Yep, I've driven on a lot of ice. Snow is great to drive on compared to ice! I could tell several other instances about my adventures on ice; but not now.

OP
OP
BurntBear

BurntBear

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2014
N.E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Shovels....lots of shovels!
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang, I forgot to make a snowman...perfect, wet, packable snow too!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No snow up here yet, but we'll let it bypass and we'll send you folks some more.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread