Something I Found in the Compost Pile.

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is actually a test to see if I can figure out how to upload photos, since I want to show my MD finds later - you don't have to admire the cat, although she will certainly appreciate it if you do.

She was sleeping in the compost at the back of yard a couple of years ago, I thought she was probably somebody's roaming cat, and realizing cats can be weird, assumed she just wanted to be there, there being mice and all. But fall came, and she moved into a tomato pot on the deck. We did try to find her owners but the Humane Society said their phone numbers were disconnected. When the snow came I took her into the house. That would be my bed and my heated throw she's on.

cat.jpg

creekhunter

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2007
Cincinnati, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Radio Shack
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got one just like her that adopted us as well, Maine Coon with a little Siberian Forest Cat

Darrow

Jul 22, 2014
Sherman, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 550, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cat craaaazy here, she looks loved!

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
This one lives in my garage. He showed up one night about two years ago... and never left. He is resting after a delicious squirrel lunch... I kid you not!

Attachments

• 20120504183841-1.jpg
    20120504183841-1.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 84

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Good deed bringing that beautiful cat inside. I'm so happy she lets you stay and wait on her. Arctic front coming so turn up the heating pad...

OP
OP
M

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
creekhunter - Interesting! We couldn't figure out what she was, vet's office and humane society both said, "It's a ...um, well, it looks like a Maine Coon but...er....hm", and hubby mentioned the Siberian Forest cat as a possible but it never was decided, not that it matters, I guess, but maybe Maine Coon with a little Siberian Forest cat works for us as well!

Carolina Tom - I think I might have suspected there was a squirrel in there even if you hadn't mentioned it. :D It's handy having a fully automated rodent eliminating device.

Darrow - Yeah, she's loved all right. She hasn't given us any choice in the matter.

Austin - It is cold, indeed. She may have competition for that heated throw.

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL, That's the way it is... isn't it!!
My cats are horribly spoiled too, and I have to be the first one in bed, or I'll have to just try to "fit in" somewhere amongst 2 dogs and one cat!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread