outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to see an old house again. This is the 2nd time I've been there, really wish I had metal detector! It is a walk...inconvenient to carry things that do not fit in a back pack, how heavy is an average detector??
I can see that this house was made out of the rocks in this area because I see fossils in the walls that I find when I'm at the lake. Serene looking surroundings, in the middle of nowhere.

Attachments

• Ramp #5 walk 001.JPG
    Ramp #5 walk 001.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
  • Ramp #5 walk 002.JPG
    Ramp #5 walk 002.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 71
  • Ramp #5 walk 006.JPG
    Ramp #5 walk 006.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
  • Ramp #5 walk 017.JPG
    Ramp #5 walk 017.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 70
  • Ramp #5 walk 009.JPG
    Ramp #5 walk 009.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 75

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Fossiliferous limestone, well, that's about all I remember from Historical Geology. Wasn't much better in Geology 1. I just liked the shiny pretty rocks. I don't really know how to tell you this, don't know if you are married or not, but why do you have to carry anything? Just find some guy to carry it for you. Then weight doesn't matter. That and he can dig it up too. Buy him a soda and a cookie and I'm sure that would get it. Used to work on me. Every time...

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
If I had permission to go to the house, then you can place a big bet that I'd haul a metal detector in there. I'd love to hunt that place.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to admire old deserted stone buildings like this and wonder if I could build one myself. Looks like a place of many good times for someone in the past? (at least I hope it was)???

Even though I know I'm the only one around at places like this, I get the feeling I'm not alone and someone is watching me when I visit these type places. Me and my friends many moons ago would always check out old abandoned farm houses when we'd be out Pheasant hunting and it seemed someone would always say "this place gives me the willy's", so lets get the heck out a here.

OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Austin... NO, NOT married. Been happily single for a handful of years
because men have been more trouble to me than they are worth...
LOL
Although I am NOT a man hater, I just find myself happier to be a loner.
Hell, if I took a man with me, then I'd have to share my treasures!!
BOSNMATE... Yeah, I should ask permission, but don't know even where to begin on doing so.
I am getting excited about getting a metal detector, so, I will be learning many things including
how to get a hold of people to get permission. I will be around that house for an all day affair I'm sure.
TAMROCK... Yes! Old places make me feel like I'm being watched,
especially when I have to take a quick pee! I think to myself.... I'm alone out here, and yet, I'm not...
This house can't be seen unless you are right upon it. Since I am alone and only with 2 dogs, I am just afraid of any transients... hope they don't want to kill me or eat my dogs! Nobody would know for a long time.
Of all the places I go, the biggest fear is that I stumble upon a dead body one day. God I hope not. I've been very lucky not to so far!
Thanks for you guys' replies!

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes ma'am you need to try and detect that place. Most detectors aren't that heavy to carry, but you might start feelin the weight after swingin one for a while. I never feel spooked in places like that cause it's always like I feel the history of the place and things that may have happened there in the past. If you do detect it, be sure and detect all around that fireplace. Great hidin place in the old days. (There may be some reinforcement steel in it, so look for loose rocks you can move)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread