Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Winter's pretty much here to stay. 15 above this mornin and a little windy. I'm out watchin the city doin snow removal cause come spring, I'll be detectin where they dump that snow. They have 4 or 5 spots they use, and I am particularly interested in the one that gets the most snow from Main Street. Right now they're takin some of it to the location I can detect, which they didn't do last year. This snow pile will eventually be about 20 to 30 feet tall, 50 to 70 feet wide, and a city block long. Another thing I will do this winter is keep a file of lost items posted in the Summit Daily News, and I will indeed return an item if I find it.

Attachments

• 11-25a.jpg
    11-25a.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 77
  • 11-25b.jpg
    11-25b.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 70
  • 11-25c.jpg
    11-25c.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 79
  • 11-25d.jpg
    11-25d.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 79

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy RGINN,

After watching the Fergurson news for just a short while, you restore the faith for me. It is good to know that there are still many warm hearts out there, even in the coldest places.

Homar

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks nice but that's it

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you'll be able to help some folks out in any sad experiences they happen to run into.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some keys last spring that I know I saw a lost posting on somewhere but never could find it again. I'll keep a file this year. Every time I've returned somethin in the past I always point out I'm a 'metal detectorist'. I don't want them to become one too, but I figure it's good PR for the rest of us.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I lived at South Lake Tahoe for one winter, which happened to be the worse one in a long time. Soon as I got a chance to move, I did, and haven't moved into a snow area since.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Since you folks don't know me and can't find me, it was 75 or so today, may play golf Friday and my biggest worry is not to get sunburned...

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you folks don't know me and can't find me, it was 75 or so today, may play golf Friday and my biggest worry is not to get sunburned...

Lucky you, I was going to cut the grass today, but didn't get a chance, now I'll have to cut it Friday.

Homar

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just so you know rg, I lost 15 quarters, 94 dimes, 376 pennies, 3 diamond rings, a gold bracelet, 3 wallets with other peoples names in them full of my Christmas shopping money and a gold tooth right in that area just last week. Let me know!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just so you know rg, I lost 15 quarters, 94 dimes, 376 pennies, 3 diamond rings, a gold bracelet, 3 wallets with other peoples names in them full of my Christmas shopping money and a gold tooth right in that area just last week. Let me know!
Forget it Packer, somebody would have found all that and took their good fortune to the pawn shop on the jewelry and all the cash to one of the many pot smoken dispensaries in the area to spend it all. When I drive through that area you here several radio adds running on who's got the best stuff and who gives the locals a 10% discounts, so come on down for all your recreational and medical needs. Your lost stuff just all went up in smoke would be my guess.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's warmed back up here enough, was out in the from lawn today pulling off old dandelion seed fluffs. Had been really cold last month, more like near record cold.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread