outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Was out messin' around in a dry river bed today with my dogs... found this ... snake n stuff 003.JPG

Attachments

• phone pics 004.jpg
    phone pics 004.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 85
  • phone pics 006.jpg
    phone pics 006.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. Can't say for sure, but looks like a diamondback water snake (non-venomous) or similar. But very, very relaxed for a water snake. Those rascals can be obnoxious sometimes.

OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. Can't say for sure, but looks like a diamondback water snake (non-venomous) or similar. But very, very relaxed for a water snake. Those rascals can be obnoxious sometimes.

Yes, Diamond Back water snake... and he was PISSED at first when I caught him.
I guess he realized he was going to get to go when I let him go... LOL

OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
outdoor blond maybe. fun? Never...

LOL
austin, you are chicken...
and I don't regularly play with snakes.
I'm a lil crazy, lil dangerous...
kinda like a female Jeremy Wade...
LOL

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
A) I don't know who Jeremy Wade is and B) I did what you're doing over 40 years ago. Great memories of fishing, hunting, boating, treasure hunting. Special adventures of caving, putting in at a ledge in early spring on the river at Marble Falls and never noticing the snakes out sunning themselves until we were surrounded and finally getting jumped by Bigfoot on the Bexar/Kendall County line. Never played in the woods again. Now it's a bg deal at the age of 66 to go out to a mexican restaurant...

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew a girl who could catch snakes and other critters like that when I was like 13 years old. She could also pull a engine from a combine and rebuild the motor in the shop on her parents farm when she was like 14 or 15 years old and I so enjoyed watching her work on it. I recall that engine was a slant six mopar. She was so much fun when we as a family would go visit their family so very long ago now. I believe I had a crush on that girl back then. Your post took me back to that time so long ago.

OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I knew a girl who could catch snakes and other critters like that when I was like 13 years old. She could also pull a engine from a combine and rebuild the motor in the shop on her parents farm when she was like 14 or 15 years old and I so enjoyed watching her work on it. I recall that engine was a slant six mopar. She was so much fun when we as a family would go visit their family so very long ago now. I believe I had a crush on that girl back then. Your post took me back to that time so long ago.

LOL
ALMOST sounds like me...I like to learn what ever I can.
worked on several cars... motor, parts, and body work. Not for fun, though. I'm kinda like a jack of many trades.
i will try to accomplish something if I'm physically capable. Saved myself some money(about $5,000) rebuilding the front end of 2 vehicles. Yes, accompanied with a lot of fussin' and cussin' though too. LOL
Did what I needed to do, and got it done. :hello2:

OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A) I don't know who Jeremy Wade is and B) I did what you're doing over 40 years ago. Great memories of fishing, hunting, boating, treasure hunting. Special adventures of caving, putting in at a ledge in early spring on the river at Marble Falls and never noticing the snakes out sunning themselves until we were surrounded and finally getting jumped by Bigfoot on the Bexar/Kendall County line. Never played in the woods again. Now it's a bg deal at the age of 66 to go out to a mexican restaurant...

LOL
I understand... just messin' w/ you anyways.
A NORMAL person doesn't mess with snakes... LOL
BTW... Jeremy Wade is that fool on "River Monsters" show... an "extreme angler" LOL
If ya haven't seen it, check it out sometime... now HE'S CRAZY!!!

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to go fishing with Jeremy Wade.

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here he is being a nutcase= in a pool of piranhas!

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love snakes, and have caught and played with them all my life. Thanks for the pics!! My favorites are the black racers who are usually pretty tame after you catch them. Of course I always let them go after a short hi, glad to see ya, was fun to hold you.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a lot of flooding around here yesterday and the rattlesnakes were forced out of their dens in a few areas. The three I saw were dead.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a lot of flooding around here yesterday and the rattlesnakes were forced out of their dens in a few areas. The three I saw were dead.
Poor snakes. So your getting some of that monsoon up your way also. I know they say it never rains in Southern California, but I guess it's pouring pretty widespread, or so I here.

Red_desert

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Midwest USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/GTA 1,000; Fisher Gold Bug-2; Gemini-3; Unique Design L-Rods
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up living close to a river. Those water snakes were the largest snakes around, they went for a swim in the river every time I tried to catch one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread