Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have no shortage of dirt to dig around in!

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Just a great all-'round place. Been in my family since 1912 or so. Grandpa farmed it with mules. They lived down in the woods out in front there. I don't ever have to leave home to dig. Just grab the dogs, my MD and backpack and I'm gone. When I get home, hubby has mowed the lawn and has chili cookin'. Great life! -Noodle

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Noodle hope you can come to the Chisholm Trail Hunt and see lots of sunflowers here. :D
Burdie

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Burdie, I'd LOVE to! Will look it up, but I think it may be a bit far for me this year. Not much vacation time left. :P Thanks for the invite, though!

Johnny Cache Hunter

Oct 16, 2006
North America
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox, White's Spectra V3, Minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Talk about room to hunt. Does the area have good amount of history to it?
The way you captured the image of the sunflower was neat, you must have a touch of the photo bug in you. Thanks for posting.

Johnny Cache

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hi Johnny, the place has been occupied for roughly 3,000 years, off and on. The open fields (33 acres) hold points and Indian artifacts, and have been giving them up for a century now. I think every kid that grew up in this village has wrapped their hand around at least one. My grandparents were generous in loaning out the land for the kids to hunt and camp on. The other 57 wooded acres hold three house sites from early 1900s and two abandoned roads 1/2 mile long, which led up to two of the houses. I've located trash sites from when my grandparents lived on the land 1916-1921 until they moved "to town" a mile away. They finally tore the house down in the '50s, but the chimney is still there, as well as the daffodils that were planted around the house. You can still see the house shape. Yes, lovely history! Old farm equipment is abandoned all through the woods, with trees growing up through it. Impossible to move now. It took me five years to fully explore it after I moved here after being gone 35 years. (I inherited it.) Now I clear paths through it every spring and enjoy long walks and counting deer and raccoons.

Thanks for viewing. -Noodle

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
beautiful place noodle. here where i am its all concrete and highrises. :'( it would love to live out in the country, but its just not meant to be for me. great pictures!

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Noodle,
that's just lovely! A beautiful shot of a lovely scene.

And how wonderful that you have the ol' home place; that doesn't happen so much anymore, the way families move around so much.

Very cool :-)

Nan
p.s.
The Chisholm hunt is "only" another hour or so beyond the Sedalia hunt (last year)... just a thought. ;)

OP
OP
Noodle

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Hey Nan,
Good to hear from you! Didn't know about the Chisholm hunt. I'll go check it out! Thanks - Noodle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread