Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a 'what is it' , but I [SOLVED] it

Had a bit of a sunny day here recently and as I will do I hiked to the old coal camp from home. I found this disk with a hole in it. It said something on it, so when I got home I took some dish soap and a tooth brush and cleaned it. I see the name Parker & Whipple and I was thinking it may be some part to Parker Hydraulics or something from old coal equipment. Turned out is was a part to a small little vanity clock as I found on line a picture of a Parker & Whipple clock. It once was a pretty little clock. Everything I find at this old coal camp comes from the late 19th early 20th century. I can find no history of the place other then an old map naming the place Mitchell. Much of the history and records of the town I live in I was told burned up in a courthouse fire long ago and many old home have no record of when they were built, but you can be sure of the style of the building to have a good idea. I know that someday this old coal camp will be taken over by new home developments as the open spaces are being gobbled up every day around the front range. At one time I could see to the horizon with nothing but wide open undeveloped country as far as the eye could see from my back yard. Now the hills and open land is covered with homes as far as you can see and the air get browner and the traffic get louder to the constant sound of jet engine by millions of vehicle engines and tires going up and down the many miles of roads they keep building wider and wider.

Attachments

• clock part 1st.jpg
    clock part 1st.jpg
    687.5 KB · Views: 81
  • clock part 1.jpg
    clock part 1.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 86
  • clock part 2.jpg
    clock part 2.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 80

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey tamrock!! Neat Solution!! Now if you just had the front portion you would be in deep cotton, as we say down here, maybe deep snow up there!! Hope you're well!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Awww, too bad you didn't find more of it intact!!
You do have a good place to hunt, though!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread