tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For two days now I've not seen the sun. It's dark when I go in the hole and dark when I get out. Somehow it seems to turn a day in to like it never happened, it's like gone from what I could have known it to have been. It's a strange experience. Got to go to bed now as I have my alarm set to go at 3:55am. Two more days of this to go and I can once again see a day in the sunshine. So please take some time to thank the sun for shining for me. Even if it's cloudy.

Attachments

• mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 83

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm glad someone is willing to be a miner. My mine isn't going to be over my head, no deeper than my shoulders. When my cousin and I were younger and dumber -- probably
16 because we were driving a 37 chevy pickup, without a muffler, bald tires, and the windows wouldn't roll up -- we drove over to Green Mountain without telling anyone
where we were going. We had one flash light, and who knows how long the batteries had been in it. Green mountain was named I suppose because it was loaded with copper.
My cousin and I went into a copper mine to explore. Solid granite for 20 or 30 yards, then shored up with timbers for a long ways, then branches going off in several directions,
all caved in except one, followed that, until it was mostly caved in, then we crawled into that until it opened up, and there were two branches, one caved in and a short distance
into the other that one was caved in also. My cousin says, "I hear rocks falling." We split and made it out of that hole in record time. The flashlight lasted, nobody was hurt,
but I got PTSD over it. Bad dreams and all. And I've never been in a mine again, and never will. I don't even like thinking about it now, 61 years later, one of those memories
that's burned into your mind. The sheer stupidity of it I guess is what eats at me. Come to think of it, probably most of us can come up with stupid kid stunts that we lived through,
accidents and near accidents is one way we learn. But going into that mine was something else, beyond dumb kid stuff, the flash light going off or for any number of other reasons we
could have been trapped in there. Not going into another one.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't mind most hard rock mines.(new ones, not old workings) those places are haunted by not so friendly ghost. I once took a job that did allot of business in the coal mines. They would have these mini earthquakes they call mountain bumps. When that happened it was like being in a building that is 20 feet off the ground and then suddenly just dropped to the ground. The coal blast from the seam and the floor ripples for a moment from the shock wave as you feel it going up and down like your standing in a boat with waves bobbing. It the whole mountain crushing down in a jolt on the empty seam that once had coal in it. The sound of it is horrific. I said to heck with that job after about 2 month when an other place I applied to called me and I took that job.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread