tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always get a bunch of $hit. All women in my home, but ya got to love em for all the good cooking.... Thank God! for the gift of mans best friend the Dog.

kajunoutlaw

Jun 3, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 350 / F75 LTD2/ AT MAX/ Multi Kruzer/ Nox 800

Have used many detectors.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a new NEL 5.5 x 9.5 coil for my AT Pro. I love it.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got alot of nice stuff. But the best gift of all was by far from my mom. Even now that im 30 yrs old she still never fails to makeme a happy kid on Christmas. She got me exploding rifle tagrets and a box of rifle bullets made my morning. Only in north central Pa. could blowing things up on Christmas morning be acceptable. Compliments of the worlds best mom :laughing7:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No vist from Santa, but a visit from local law enforcement. Good turn out on their part I must say. Upper mgmt. failed to notify the alarm service that Christmas Eve would be a regular work night for us. Deliveries come, employees come and go, but since the alarm people believe every store in this company is shut down for the holiday they interpret the entries and exits as burglars. They don't call the store, but they do call the local PD and even better the store manager in the middle of the night. She is not a pleasant person on her best day. Took me a little while to straighten that mess out. The store manager wasn't happy, the alarm company wasn't happy, the police didn't seem very happy, I wind up with the blame for it somehow, and I didn't feel it wise to wish any of them a very Merry Christmas.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
No vist from Santa, but a visit from local law enforcement. Good turn out on their part I must say. Upper mgmt. failed to notify the alarm service that Christmas Eve would be a regular work night for us. Deliveries come, employees come and go, but since the alarm people believe every store in this company is shut down for the holiday they interpret the entries and exits as burglars. They don't call the store, but they do call the local PD and even better the store manager in the middle of the night. She is not a pleasant person on her best day. Took me a little while to straighten that mess out. The store manager wasn't happy, the alarm company wasn't happy, the police didn't seem very happy, I wind up with the blame for it somehow, and I didn't feel it wise to wish any of them a very Merry Christmas.

With the way things are accelerating...lucky you didn't get shot! I wish you and your Family a Blessed Christmas,well....everyday for that matter.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My daughter always puts a lot of thought in what she gets me for Christmas. Since she knew I was bit hard by the detecting bug she bought me a tablet and a civilian style camelback hydration pack with storage. Now I can look at maps in real time when I am out detecting. The company I work for gave me authorization to allow my smart phone to be a wifi hot spot which allows me to look at maps all day long for free on site. Both my phone and tablet can be stored in this pack along with 1 liter of my beverage of choice, which is normally water, but sometimes it's home brewed iced tea. The wife told me to get whatever I wanted. I am the type that has to review and research so I can get the best bang for the buck and since I recently purchased a Fisher F75 LTD SE and gets great depth for the fields, I am holding off on buying an after market coil until I decide if I need a bigger coil for the sites I am detecting. It's nice to know that purchase is in nthe bank and I can pull the trigger whenever I want.

I hope that everyone else got good gifts, I was blessed this year.

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How do those Ling taste? How do you clean them?

Awful looking creatures.

They are very mild and taste great...looks turn alot of people off them...until they just see the finished meat...taste milder than perch or pickerel (walleye). Cleaning, just slice the skin around the neck.. pull and fillet, no gutting! ;)

OP
OP
TJE

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always get a bunch of $hit. All women in my home, but ya got to love em for all the good cooking.... Thank God! for the gift of mans best friend the Dog.

LOL...hope you have a good one TR.

Prest Olives

Greenie
Nov 13, 2014
Mississippi, Leland: Memphis, TN
Detector(s) used
old one, new Coinmaster GT, got Garret 150 for son
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mama Clause got me a CoinGT and my 11 yr old a Garrett 150, have not hunted much yet testing them by the drive at my appt looks like i am digging up the front yard got 20 coin hits in a 5 x 20ft section. :laughing7:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got an extra magazine for the little Walther PPK/S pistol (.22LR), and a shoulder holster. Back in Texas I got 'addicted' to the pineapple preserves that one of the big chain stores sold, their private brand. I had never tasted any like 'em; sweet, but not too sweet, and almost no sour/tart taste. My daughter did a little experimenting several years ago, and came up with the exact tasting preserves made from canned, crushed pineapple. She gave me about 3 pints of these for Christmas! I've already ate about a cup of them. Sure have been missing them until now!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread