My sailboat. The one I live on.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good reason to get back to FL. Now, I need a partner to sail off with! Just have to convince her a SMALL garden! TTC
boat house.jpg boat front.jpg doodoo.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Terry,

Now I know why you left Arizona and now know why your no longer a regular in the gold forums. Not much gold in Florida but under water treasure is at your disposal.

Babe.jpg

Oh wait, this is not the treasure I was thinking of... or was it...

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
beauty.
how long is she?
32 ft to the bow! 11 wide. Weighs 18000 pounds which makes it a heavy (ocean perfect) vessel. Name is Prairie 32. Data says it may have been made in Clearwater, FL but the name, and some boating people say it was probably made in Nebraska (hence, Prairie). Either way may just be the last boat I buy. TTC

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,

Now I know why you left Arizona and now know why your no longer a regular in the gold forums. Not much gold in Florida but under water treasure is at your disposal.

View attachment 1096949

Oh wait, this is not the treasure I was thinking of... or was it...
FAKE, FAKE! 'nough real bodies around here to keep some very busy! But thanks for the thought. TTC

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Terry,

Have you tried one of the fake rubber snakes on deck?? Keeps the poopers from pooping(on your deck anyway).

B O A T=Break Out Another Thousand.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed a problem. Your boat is supposed to go IN the water, not in your back yard. I'm sure it's a lot more fun living on a boat at sea!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice!

THE ADMIRAL and I sold ours and moved down to a trailerable 17 footer. We had our "adventures" and many, many great memories. And some real excitement at times.

img015.jpg

Florida sounds like a LOT better place to keep a sailboat than NY!

Fair winds and following seas.

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry,

Have you tried one of the fake rubber snakes on deck?? Keeps the poopers from pooping(on your deck anyway).

B O A T=Break Out Another Thousand.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris
Hey, Chris! Boat sits in a boat yard, with others. Needs work, more preventive than neglect. The boat right next to mine has a snake on it AND is just as prone to doodoo bombings as mine! Alas, the doodoo completely washes away with the rain.... except those ball-bearing sized seeds. They roll to the stern with the rain flow. I started with good paint and needs one or two more coats.... the last will get the "grit" in it for goog stable footing on deck. Tnx for the shout. She is a beautiful boat! TTC

sailaway

Mar 2, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Full time live aboard here. Been doing it for over 17 years now.
IMG017.jpg
1980 Wylie 34 Ultalite

OP
OP
TerryC

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GREAT boat, Sailaway! Nice bowsprit! I have been livaboard (off and on) since '88. Now, permanent on my boat pictured. TTC

minedog

Greenie
Jan 1, 2015
az, ok, wa
Detector(s) used
whites goldmaster 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Given that its about 7 degrees here this morning selling my house and downsizing to a boat in Florida is looking pretty good!

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing is...when I see sailboats...or Florida...mentioned, I make these low growling noises in my throat, like a Doberman. I'm not even aware I'm doing it. Envy does not make me a nice person, apparently. :evil4:

Nice pictures. Harrumph.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions