outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the road, taking my dogs out for a run and explore...
saw this HUGE wild pig dead on the road side.
I took pics with my SUV bumper in background to show size,(but my license plate shows and ain't posting it online)... my guess, he was at least 350 lbs... almost as long as my bumper and big and round!!
Am really glad I didn't see him alive in the woods!!
A lot of wasted bacon!!
:laughing7:

Attachments

• big pig 001.JPG
    big pig 001.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 60
  • big pig 003.JPG
    big pig 003.JPG
    106.2 KB · Views: 63

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should be some happy Buzzard's.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Lot of em out there. Be careful. That's part of the reason that at 66 pushing 67, I don't get out much. That and copperheads, rattlesnakes, bobcats, bears(yep, makin a comeback) and the god awful heat from March to October. Texas just ain't as glamorous when you're old...

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
One of those pigs can sure mess up your car. Not like a moose coming through your windshield, but still lots of damage.

OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of those pigs can sure mess up your car. Not like a moose coming through your windshield, but still lots of damage.

Yeah. Too many times I will see a car sitting on the side of the road with the whole windshield caved in from a deer landing in it.
A friend of mine hit a big buck and it did all kinds of damage, including piercing the radiator with his horns, car was ruined

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. Too many times I will see a car sitting on the side of the road with the whole windshield caved in from a deer landing in it.
A friend of mine hit a big buck and it did all kinds of damage, including piercing the radiator with his horns, car was ruined

Some city people can't understand how some of us run into animals, when they "brake" for them. Living in town driving 30 mph at the most, it is easy to brake for an animal now, and then.

I have no idea just how much my family has contributed to the vultures. On one GMC I lost count of the number of deer, hogs, and turkey we left on the road, not counting the small stuff. After that GMC, I bought a used Dodge Ram. We were glad that it had some type of deer alerts on the front bumper. On the same night that I brought it home, I had to go to town, and rammed a doe. It got to cross the fence, but it took one of the alerts stuck up I don't know where. All I know it was not on the bent bumper anymore.

When I let that truck go, it had Dodged many, and Rammed a total of 9 deer, 4 hogs, and 2 turkeys. We have been very lucky not to hit livestock. We live in open range country, if we kill or injure livestock, we have to pay for it, since they have the right of way. We have had many close calls mostly with black cattle, just last month I almost hit a black horse that suddenly appeared running in front of me. Luckily it was running right in the middle, and I was able to swerve. Only the turkeys have been during the day, but they come out of waist high grass.

Homar

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, be careful, them pigs can tear the undercarriage out from under a car if you hit them. (Pig. I know better. If over 100 pounds, it is called a hog) A moose is very bad to hit. Hit one and they will come right through the windshield with you. We had a fatality accident involving a moose north of town here last year. And back in Oklahoma, that's how we used to hunt deer, with a Chevy truck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread