004.JPG
    639.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know how you feel, just bought another 25 pound bag of sunflower seeds.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures. Wow you have some obese squirelles LOL.

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice !!!!!!!! When u can't detect or fish , birdwatching is a great pastime .......

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I prefer the woodpeckers, so I use suet cakes too

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love watching the animals too. Tons of birds, squirrels. I used to buy so much different animal food, I came to realize I was spending $80.00 each month! I had to stop that.
Still buying bird food, (have 25 doves) and cracked corn for whatever wants it.
Found out the deer love bird seed too! :laughing7:
Yes, looks like you ahve obese squirrel there... LOL

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, that squirrel is a chubby little sucker.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pictures Chris...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know it's cold outside when squirrels hold their front paws together like that. To me it looks like their buttoning up a coat. This is an old post of a squirrel in my cottonwood tree doing the same thing yours is doing with the paws. http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/my-daily-snapshot/391773-button-your-coat-up.html I wish I had some Cardinals around here to watch like you do. I can't recall seeing any in Colorado ever?. Maybe someday they'll move in?. 15 years ago I can't recall seeing any Bluejay's around the hood and now I see and hear them almost ever morning. You know when an owls around by the noise all the Bluejay's are making. It's quite a ruckus. The noise they all make alerts the crows who then come in to add more harassment on the owls livelihood when he/she? is in the neighborhood.

Last edited:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great pictures, Worldtalker. I try to get on the treadmill at least every-other-day. When I get on it, I open the curtain on the back door window so I can see the back yard. There are 4 squirrels (at least), some doves, and at times a covey or two of quail to watch. Occasionally I've seen baby quail. It's really fun to watch the antics of the squirrels. One especially. It will jump, turn, and flip in one movement. Sometime it will do it 3 or 4 times, just one after the other. Then they are always playing on the privacy fence and chain-link fences. They will sit on the fence, hold on to the top with their back feet, and have their head, body, and front feet pointing downward toward the ground. Never have decided just what they are doing in that position; looks like they are eating/licking something off the fence, but there's nothing on the fence. I've checked, but never found anything. My little chi/terrier is fast, but not fast enough to catch anything. I hope she never does! Might get chewed up by the squirrels. They are about 3/4 as big as she is.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Great pictures, Worldtalker. I try to get on the treadmill at least every-other-day. When I get on it, I open the curtain on the back door window so I can see the back yard. There are 4 squirrels (at least), some doves, and at times a covey or two of quail to watch. Occasionally I've seen baby quail. It's really fun to watch the antics of the squirrels. One especially. It will jump, turn, and flip in one movement. Sometime it will do it 3 or 4 times, just one after the other. Then they are always playing on the privacy fence and chain-link fences. They will sit on the fence, hold on to the top with their back feet, and have their head, body, and front feet pointing downward toward the ground. Never have decided just what they are doing in that position; looks like they are eating/licking something off the fence, but there's nothing on the fence. I've checked, but never found anything. My little chi/terrier is fast, but not fast enough to catch anything. I hope she never does! Might get chewed up by the squirrels. They are about 3/4 as big as she is.

Heh...she ever catches one......it'll be the last!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread