tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had time to goof off a little after I payed a visit to a mine in Hanksville Utah. I went for a little hike and when I got back to my truck I saw this Raven pecking on my drivers side window. I'm sure he was looking for a handout, but I had nothing to give. He wouldn't leave until I started my truck and then the bugger took a crap on my hood and took-off. He was making some pretty freaky sound and gestures at me. I wish I could have helped him out. The last picture is a new moon and bright star out the back of the motel here in Monticello Utah. It seems its always sunny down in southern Utah, but the weather was brisk, windy and cold.

Attachments

• utah 95 1.jpg
    utah 95 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 74
  • utah 95 2.jpg
    utah 95 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
  • utah 95 3.jpg
    utah 95 3.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
  • utah 95 4.jpg
    utah 95 4.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 74
  • utah 95 5.jpg
    utah 95 5.jpg
    774.1 KB · Views: 69
  • utah 95 6.jpg
    utah 95 6.jpg
    489.8 KB · Views: 72
  • utah 95 7.jpg
    utah 95 7.jpg
    744.3 KB · Views: 70
  • utah 95 8.jpg
    utah 95 8.jpg
    313.9 KB · Views: 63

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
he thought another raven was in his territory, and looking for food. Birds are funny but gotta be cool to fly. Nice photos!

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Love the photos. If you go down that rickety ladder, where does the trail go from there? Really cool pictures of the raven.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the pictures tamrock they're very pretty, thanks for taking us on a little "vacation". :icon_thumleft: That Raven is so cute, sure seems use to people, must get fed out there & got miffed you didn't have anything maybe. ;) Is that wooden ladder just for looks?

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the photos. If you go down that rickety ladder, where does the trail go from there? Really cool pictures of the raven.
That ladder looked rickety, but it must of been reinforces in some way by the Arches park service. It lead down in to the canyon and I wanted to go down in to see the natural rock arch down below, but it was 3:10 pm and the park closed at 4 pm. I only had a sweat jacket and didn't have any gloves and the temp was dropping. The trail was getting icy also. I'll try and get more time to explore next time I go down this way. It's only $6.00 to go in to the park. I did slip off a rock I didn't notice that the wet part had turned to ice, so rather then being a dumbie and get hurt, I decided to wrap it up and get out of the canyon and get a move on.

Attachments

• utah 95 A.jpg
    utah 95 A.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 57
  • utah 95 B.jpg
    utah 95 B.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 60
  • utah 95 C.jpg
    utah 95 C.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
Last edited:

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 4th picture of the water catch area on the rock top, it always amazes me think of how many eons animals and the indigenous people would use this as a seasonal watering spot. All the Picts look great. HH

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always liked that part of Utah. The Moab area is where most of Summit County goes during mud season so we can act like tourists, haha!

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice pics! I really like central Utah. I've spent a couple of nights at Hanksville in the last 6 years. Capitol Reef is one of my favorite places. Ditto for Natural Bridges.
That slickrock country is the nuts.
jim

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the scenes, wish I could see it, but I can't, so therefore I appreciate the pictures!

The raven must have some meaning or a message just for you. I've heard that they know who's a good person.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always liked that part of Utah. The Moab area is where most of Summit County goes during mud season so we can act like tourists, haha!
Very quiet down there now. It's a good time to go, just a bit cold. I don't think I saw 5 cars on hwy 95 from Hanksville to Blanding Ut. In your case, just drive I70 to Green River Ut and drop down to Hanksville and come back the way I did over Monarch via Ridgeway. You could do all that in two days and one night.(3 days & 2 nights would be better) Motels are below 50 dollar a night now and gas is cheap also. I'll be making a trip here soon down to Williams Az due to the cheap rates. Coming home I drive along the south rim of Grand Canyon, which is one of the worlds top wonders imo. I'm going to go back this way before the spring and give myself time and prep better to get down in this canyon next time.

Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool Pictures! The raven was probably just marking his territory, or else was dissatisfied with himself.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the scenes, wish I could see it, but I can't, so therefore I appreciate the pictures!

The raven must have some meaning or a message just for you. I've heard that they know who's a good person.
It looked like he was trying to keep me there with a song after I rolled up my window to get going. I never remember to video some of the stuff I experience on the road, but I wished I did here. I can't describe the sound he was making perched here on my rear view mirror I took with my cell phone. It was kind of like the cooo cooo cooo of a dove but longer and deeper. Maybe he was begging me to stay with him??.:dontknow:

Attachments

• raven.jpg
    raven.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading about the kind of noise the Raven was making to you....maybe it was a "she" & lost her partner, so was looking for a new one :love5: ? ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread