Squirrel proof...for now.

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who's taking the odds? My money's on the squirrel, too.

Careful. I was rather astonished when I put out a piece of meat and a squirrel made off with it. Given that I'm not convinced anybody can outsmart a squirrel for any length of time, I'm not looking forward to the day when they realize we're good to eat.

We're just lucky they lack opposible thumbs.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It took them 10 days to figure it out,a young one at that,after blasting off the grill it landed on the suet holder.I opened the door and it just looked at me,walking toward the critter it finally

jumped down and ran up the fence and sat defiantly looking at me..brazen little sucker,if he was a little fatter I would have been eatin squirrel gravy and biscuits.:laughing7:

Since then I moved the grill.

GOD Bless

Chris

Attachments

• K1600_010.JPG
    K1600_010.JPG
    251 KB · Views: 46
  • K1600_007.JPG
    K1600_007.JPG
    293.3 KB · Views: 44
  • K1600_017.JPG
    K1600_017.JPG
    499.8 KB · Views: 51

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The winner :award_star_gold_3:
Great Shot

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
the birds that used to eat at my feeder once I squirrel proofed it would scatter--sunflower seed to the ground for em --I think the critters around here are unionized -- freeloaders local 101

Last edited:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing7:...great post worldtalker:thumbsup: Perfect pictures and good info! My neighbor strings those plastic red Dixie cups along the metal arm to the feeder (open-side to open-side), and for the past couple of years no squirrel has got past. But very funny to watch them try. :)

Last edited:

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not unless they have teeth like this.:laughing7:

wire_cutter_large.jpg

Close. We tried to proof his house and SS screening slowed em down a bit but not much. We replaced some 12/2 wire went to dinner maybe 2 hours. When we came back they had already stripped about three feet of insulation & almost chewed through the ground. Only thing left was his blow gun & broadhead darts. Hated to see em dead, but wirings expensive & risk of the house burning down made that decision easy.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Two weeks and some of them have it down pat,they still can't get by that disk,but....this one LAUNCHED from the fence to the feeder,I shot it hoping to catch him mid flight,click twice to zoom in,came to a sudden stop hitting the suet feeder hook.That's a LOOONG way.:laughing7:

Well...back to taking pictures..of the same things.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

Attachments

• 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 63
  • 041.JPG
    041.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 64

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread