Photos from my past

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
These pictures were taken by me using a SLR Pentax film camera. I still have all my stuff, but due to my wife's health I haven't been to a rendezvous for several years. It's getting to the point now that I don't know if my old bones are up to sleeping on the ground, but I sure had fun while it lasted. The pictures are of a three different primitive rendezvous', two in Oregon and one in Montana. A rendezvous is supposed to emulate a fur trade trappers camp in 1840 or before. We shoot muzzleloading firearms, both cap and flint lock, no nylon or modern camping gear, tents are canvass, clothing is cotton, buckskin or wool, cook on a camp fire, start the fire with flint and steel and tend to just have one heck of a good time for several days.
The first picture is camped on the Flathead in Montana. Glacier Nat'l Park is in the background. I suspect this rondy was in the mid 80's, don't remember exactly. I love the picture though.
10.jpg
The next photo is near Oakridge, OR, and is called Frog Holler. These pictures were taken in probably the late 70's, early 80's, and are two different occasions when I camped there.
8.jpg

9.jpg
These next two pictures are camped on the Chewacan, River near Paisley, Oregon.
6.jpg
7.jpg
And the last one is Grandpa helping my granddaughter get off a shot in the pee-wee shoot.
11.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great pictures and wonderful memories I bet. Whats the little gal shooting there? Some kind of pint sized Hawkens rifle ??? ... Sure is a cute picture.

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The rifle was made by me. It's a .40 caliber cap-lock long rifle built for my kids to shoot, and now grand kids. It's slightly shorter and lighter than normal, but not a lot. I had twin girls, right and left handed, so built two guns alike except right and left handed.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are great shots and awesome memories - Thanks for the show n' tell! Yakker

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent events. They had one up here in South Park a few years back. Wasn't that big or well attended, but those guys were all in. I always like to look over the teepees and note the construction and styles of different areas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread