Most photogaphed lighthouse in the world

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Went for a drive to the Oregon coast yesterday. The weather was unbelievable, with temps in upper 60's and calm wind.

I wasn't there during optimum lighting conditions, but I stopped and took my token shot at it. After taking the lighthouse shot I looked down and spotted a ton of sea lions, so I put on the 400mm lens and tried a few. These are uncropped and I was shooting almost straight down. There were a lot more of them back in the shade.

Attachments

• 04222.jpg
    04222.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 71
  • 07777.jpg
    07777.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 054444.jpg
    054444.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 64

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the drive was well worth it. A long time friend of mine lives in Anacortes, WA. and he's always telling me how great the weather is up in the NW coast.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
Here is a crop of the Sea Lions. I took some more picture that I may post later.

Attachments

• 083333.jpg
    083333.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 55

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
About a month ago the hiway was closed near that location, seeing as how you went through there, they must have it fixed. In my mind I figured the slide must have been in that spot
near the tunnel. Anyhow, you're right about that view, I'd bet Kodak made at least a million dollars selling film for taking pictures just of that light house. The beach in that cove
below the light is really a great place for a picnic, a very scenic little beach. Great pictures.

OP
OP
ronwoodcraft

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
About a month ago the hiway was closed near that location, seeing as how you went through there, they must have it fixed. In my mind I figured the slide must have been in that spot
near the tunnel. Anyhow, you're right about that view, I'd bet Kodak made at least a million dollars selling film for taking pictures just of that light house. The beach in that cove
below the light is really a great place for a picnic, a very scenic little beach. Great pictures.
The slide was about a mile north of the tunnel. Only one lane open with a temporary signal light controlling traffic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread