Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in Crescent City, CA for a visit to Walmart, so I snapped a couple pics. 22 years ago I helped restore this Lighthouse. I was just a laborer then. We sandblasted, applied concrete sealer, paint etc. Our hours were a bit strange, as it's accessible at "low tide" only. One of the guys had a 4x4 so we crossed through 2 to 3 feet of water a few times carrying equipment. ronwoodcraft, thank you for the inspiration!

DSCN7155.JPG DSCN7154.JPG

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work OV...I like it when the old historic buildings are kept up and restored. They bulldozed down a few old gas stations from the 1920s and a late 19th building along the old highway 287 that went through the old town from the years I've lived here. I wished I at least took a picture of them. It's what they do here. We need now, Whole foods, Walmart's, modern convenience stores and strip malls these days. I've even seen new convenience store gas stations go up, close and be torn down in less then 20 years time. and in it's place you get now a Noodles & Company, Starbucks, Frozen Yogurt joint and Qudobas Mexican Food. Today's progress in the fast track towns is like a chalk board. Here one day and gone the next.

OP
OP
Oregon Viking

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great work OV...I like it when the old historic buildings are kept up and restored. They bulldozed down a few old gas stations from the 1920s and a late 19th building along the old highway 287 that went through the old town from the years I've lived here. I wished I at least took a picture of them. It's what they do here. We need now, Whole foods, Walmart's, modern convenience stores and strip malls these days. I've even seen new convenience store gas stations go up, close and be torn down in less then 20 years time. and in it's place you get now a Noodles & Company, Starbucks, Frozen Yogurt joint and Qudobas Mexican Food. Today's progress in the fast track towns is like a chalk board. Here one day and gone the next.

Thank you! It is still a functional lighthouse. I did some research....amazing history. It's in a Tim Mcgraw video. I wish I would have taken pictures the 2-3 weeks I worked there. The lighthouse keepers were interesting folks. it is a shame that more historic buildings are not restored.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Some great shots, Viking.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions