My Wife asked me why I take so many pics of the same thing.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    601.2 KB · Views: 59
  • 018.JPG
    018.JPG
    556.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    574.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 023.JPG
    023.JPG
    644.1 KB · Views: 55

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know. I have boxes full of slides in the garage. That was the bargain way of saving photos. What pleasure it must be with so many species of birds around the home. It sure is a nice way to see the beauty of winter. Great shots. Thanks for posting them.

Last edited:

slink

Dec 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You take awesome pics.Tell her your practicing.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I told your wife to leave you alone, tell her to text me.

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I know. I have boxes full of slides in the garage. That was the bargain was of saving photos. What pleasure it must be with so many species of birds around the home. It sure is a nice way to see the beauty of winter. Great shots. Thanks for posting them.

I'd like to get some pics of critters other than squirrels and birds though.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
You take some really good pictures. Like the rest, I have boxes of 35mm slides. I have some pretty good ones I'd share, but sheer numbers and lack of organization will probably
doom them to the dust bin.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
You realize that you are taking pictures of the dinosaurs of yesteryear and preserving the history for the future. Good job...

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice photo's! We do not have any Cardinal's up our way, but we do have our share of those Purple House finches.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to get some pics of critters other than squirrels and birds though.
I got squirrels, rabbits, prairie dogs and coyote, but not a large variety of small birds around here. It's not a largely wooded place here on the high plains, other then the trees we people have planted. I do get owls, hawks, eagles, blue jays, common sparrows, doves, robins and the new recent invader known as the Eurasian collared dove with no bag limit from our fish & game dept. Eurasian collared dove - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia 20 years ago there were pheasants around, but new development ran them all out of the open spaces. Along the creeks and streams on the plains that are more wooded I do see king fishers, but they sure don't sit still long enough for you to take a picture of them.

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know. I have boxes full of slides in the garage. That was the bargain way of saving photos. What pleasure it must be with so many species of birds around the home. It sure is a nice way to see the beauty of winter. Great shots. Thanks for posting them.

worldtalker, great pics!
tamrock...my dad has boxes of slides also. Have you converted any to CD/DVD ?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worldtalker, great pics!
tamrock...my dad has boxes of slides also. Have you converted any to CD/DVD ?
That i'll be something to do when I retire. Funny how these days some of our Kodak moments are locked up in crashed computers from the 1990's I've got a desk top and old lap top out there also I hope the pictures can be recovered on some day.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That i'll be something to do when I retire. Funny how these days some of our Kodak moments are locked up in crashed computers from the 1990's I've got a desk top and old lap top out there also I hope the pictures can be recovered on some day.

I will be buying a "slide converter" transfer slides to cd/dvd. I don't know if you can have it done any other way.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the early 2000s, I took all of the pictures that we had and scanned them onto my hard drive. I kept those pictures, plus all the ones that were taken afterward on my hard drive. I would occasionally make a copy on a dvd disc in case of a hard drive failure. Well, about 4 years ago, I down loaded all of the pictures from my hard drive onto an external drive. I wiped my computer and up graded a bit and reloaded. I took some of the things off the external drive and got them back onto my hard drive. A couple of days later, the hard drive was on top of a large storage box. The cat knocked it off onto the carpeted floor. When I picked it up, I heard something loose in it. It was totaled. A local shop said it probably could be copied, but the cost would be enormous. When I went back to my dvd discs to get a copy of the pictures, I could not find it. No idea what happened to it. I've lost many hours of work of scanning them to my computer. It's possible that I might find that disc, but I probably never look farther for it.
Now, I don't know if it's worth doing it all over again or not. I still have the pictures. I don't think my son or daughter would cherish them as I and my wife did, no one else that I know would want them, so what to do? Most of my relatives are no longer alive. The ones who are, have copies that I have sent them that I thought they would be interested in.
Oh well, I probably don't need to see them to remember most of them. Some of them are of my grandparents back in the early 1900s, one of them is of my wife's dad being held by his dad, surrounded by 4 of his uncles that was taken in about 1925. Old memories. Children don't have the time to go back and see how their great-grand parents, grand parents, and even their parents lived.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

I'm in the vote as you, crashed desk top, XPS lap top, and a back up tower, project that's on the board to do. Time to suck it up and bring it all in and get everything put on the new operating system.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tamrock, I missed something earlier on your post! The collared doves. We have those here. I try to post a picture of some of them that I've taken over the last several years.
Yes, you need to get all of those pictures onto discs. It's the only way to save them in case the hard drive crashes or some other catastrophic failure. I lost those of mine on that external hard drive that got knocked off and can't even find the dvds that I copied them to! I've got to do some searching for those dvds.
I've got a friend back in Texas that called me last week about their laptop. It's getting old, about 8 or 10 years old. But had been working ok until about 3 weeks ago. They said they had pictures on it and had never put them on discs. The laptop won't even boot; no sign of life. They are sending it to me to see if I can retrieve the data for them.
You should get that laptop out and try to get the data you want to keep off of it as soon as possible.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread