tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. I think I'd seen that canyon before. I was going to Arizona allot when they did the reconstruction of the Theodore Roosevelt Dam. I saw the dam before they covered up all that beautiful stone work with concrete. The first picture I found online looks to have been taken at the time I was going there. I was selling literally ton's in rock drill bits and drill rod to that job around 1996. I think I was told they brought in a bunch of stone masons from Italy to build the original dam. It was kind of sad their wonderful stone work was getting all covered up I was thinking back then. :(

Attachments

• rooseveltdam.jpg
    rooseveltdam.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 92
  • Rooseveltdam 2.jpg
    Rooseveltdam 2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 92
OP
OP
John_Arizona

John_Arizona

Jan 30, 2013
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Spanish Death Rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice. I think I'd seen that canyon before. I was going to Arizona allot when they did the reconstruction of the Theodore Roosevelt Dam. I saw the dam before they covered up all that beautiful stone work with concrete. The first picture I found online looks to have been taken at the time I was going there. I was selling literally ton's in rock drill bits and drill rod to that job around 1996. I think I was told they brought in a bunch of stone masons from Italy to build the original dam. It was kind of sad their wonderful stone work was getting all covered up I was thinking back then. :(

cool photos...

Roosevelt is up the salt river a ways, fish creek is a side canyon off the salt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread