Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN1916.JPG

Couldn't fit many more on the feeder, two took off when I approached the window to take the pic. 10 degrees outside this morning and they are hungry!! You need to use the enlarge feature to see them well.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
They'll be an eye opener this summer!

How often you fill that sucker up?:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

OP
OP
gunsil

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't get that many birds other than finches at the finch feeder, I haven't filled it since September, I don't think other birds' beaks can get into it. The one on the left needs to be filled every four days. I mostly get chickadees, nuthatches, grosbeaks, and titmouses along with some finches at that one. I dislike jays so I don't put out one that handles larger birds. I do throw some on the ground and the doves seem to come for that, but so do the jays so I don't so it a lot. The reason I hate jays is that they kill other birds' babies for fun, they have killed my barn swallow babies several times, and barn swallows are some of my favorite avian creatures. Jays are danged lucky I don't wish to darken my karma by getting all of them with a pellet gun.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't get that many birds other than finches at the finch feeder, I haven't filled it since September, I don't think other birds' beaks can get into it. The one on the left needs to be filled every four days. I mostly get chickadees, nuthatches, grosbeaks, and titmouses along with some finches at that one. I dislike jays so I don't put out one that handles larger birds. I do throw some on the ground and the doves seem to come for that, but so do the jays so I don't so it a lot. The reason I hate jays is that they kill other birds' babies for fun, they have killed my barn swallow babies several times, and barn swallows are some of my favorite avian creatures. Jays are danged lucky I don't wish to darken my karma by getting all of them with a pellet gun.

That's how i look at these thieves.:laughing7:

Attachments

• K1600_003.JPG
    K1600_003.JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 55

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions