resizing 003.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 73

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently when they bring you their catch it means they're trying to teach you how to hunt - they don't have a high opinion of your ability to do it for yourself.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
My old cat Gus used to bring his victims in through the doggy door. My little male Chihuahua likes to bring stuffed animals to bed with him. BAD combination. I was woke up late one night by a scream from my ex. The dog kept trying to jump up on the bed but couldn't make it because he had something in his mouth. She reached down & grabbed it and it was the back half of a rabbit...

OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My old cat Gus used to bring his victims in through the doggy door. My little male Chihuahua likes to bring stuffed animals to bed with him. BAD combination. I was woke up late one night by a scream from my ex. The dog kept trying to jump up on the bed but couldn't make it because he had something in his mouth. She reached down & grabbed it and it was the back half of a rabbit...

Funny now, But not then... HA!
My dogs are bad about bringing thier yucky stuff inside too.
Deer legs, other stuff they cherish and gather from around...
Mickey came home with a very stinky hoof of some sort.

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is Oreo.
He is a very good mouser, as he does his job as country cat.
As a cat normally does, he brings his catch home.
I open the door to see his catch of the day on the porch...

I've had the same mornings...only it's at work, and it's a wild fox trying to feed me... or just showing off! haha :)

Attachments

• 2014-07-21 07.39.25.jpg
    2014-07-21 07.39.25.jpg
    516.6 KB · Views: 60
OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had the same mornings...only it's at work, and it's a wild fox trying to feed me... or just showing off! haha :)

And did you try to enjoy his gift to you so you didn't hurt his feelings??
LOL

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Super cool cat. Mine is black on top, white underneath with a milk mustache and no desire to go outside since he was a baby. He just got grease on his favorite toy(Mister Rat) and I have to find a new one. Cats bring home prey to give to you because they really like you. It is a present. Your kitty loves you...

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Outdoorfunblonde, we had a cat, 'Tinsel', because it reminded us of Christmas tinsel for the tree. She brought a huge rat to the back door one morning. Really surprised my wife. The rat was probably a forth as large as the cat. We had seen the cat catch mice several times, but never killed them. She would hold them in her mouth so that only the tail was sticking out. She would turn it loose and run after it again and again until it got away. Never knew her to kill one. Still wonder if she killed the rat or found it dead. It was a fresh kill.
Speaking of surprises, one night I was awaken by something at the head of the bed, apparently climbing up the curtain. I didn't want to wake my wife. She would have freaked out. My first thought was a rat. I slowly reached down and picked up one of my big work boots. Then this huge 'rat' was crawling across the pillow and trying to get under the cover with me! I didn't want to mess up the bed, so I shoved it off the bed, and onto the floor. Just as I was about to bring the boot down on it, I flipped on the light. To my surprise, it was my daughter's hamster! (That would have been a disaster, if I had killed her pet!) Evidently the hamster got the latch unhooked and got out of the cage. A few days later we had to change the latch with different type because it got out a couple more times.

OP
OP
outdoorfunblonde

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Outdoorfunblonde, we had a cat, 'Tinsel', because it reminded us of Christmas tinsel for the tree. She brought a huge rat to the back door one morning. Really surprised my wife. The rat was probably a forth as large as the cat. We had seen the cat catch mice several times, but never killed them. She would hold them in her mouth so that only the tail was sticking out. She would turn it loose and run after it again and again until it got away. Never knew her to kill one. Still wonder if she killed the rat or found it dead. It was a fresh kill.
Speaking of surprises, one night I was awaken by something at the head of the bed, apparently climbing up the curtain. I didn't want to wake my wife. She would have freaked out. My first thought was a rat. I slowly reached down and picked up one of my big work boots. Then this huge 'rat' was crawling across the pillow and trying to get under the cover with me! I didn't want to mess up the bed, so I shoved it off the bed, and onto the floor. Just as I was about to bring the boot down on it, I flipped on the light. To my surprise, it was my daughter's hamster! (That would have been a disaster, if I had killed her pet!) Evidently the hamster got the latch unhooked and got out of the cage. A few days later we had to change the latch with different type because it got out a couple more times.

Oh!!! that would have been TERRIBLE to have stopmed the hamster!! So glad you didn't!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread