Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good weather so I went back down to camp in the area NE of Buena Vista near Four Mile Creek. Except for different trees, reminds me a lot of the Wichitas in Oklahoma. Great place for climbing around on the rocks. I always keep my eyes open for strangely placed rocks, faces in the rocks, and shadow signs, and I always spot somethin interesting. Great weather, only 30 overnight. And a reminder if you come down here, it is always easier goin up than comin down, so take care. If alone like me, always let somebody know where you'll be and exactly when you'll return. When Maria asked me when I'd be back and where I'd be camping, I answered "Tuesday", and "Colorado".

Attachments

• 2-9f.jpg
    2-9f.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 56
  • 2-9g.jpg
    2-9g.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 66
  • 2-9h.jpg
    2-9h.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 57
  • 2-9i.jpg
    2-9i.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 68
  • 2-9j.jpg
    2-9j.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 68

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd do that when I was younger. Why go going camping there? Because I've never been there. The good old days. Don't know if I have another camping trip in me. Don't get around well, and my wife is too handicapped to camp.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful place. Thanks for the view.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The weather down here has been outstanding. I looked today to see if the Lilly's were coming up under the dead leaves I cover them up with in the fall and sure enough. The shoots are up about 3 inches out of the ground. I digging global warming, but cooler weather is in the forecast and maybe some snow.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd do that when I was younger. Why go going camping there? Because I've never been there. The good old days. Don't know if I have another camping trip in me. Don't get around well, and my wife is too handicapped to camp.
Well you can always follow along with RGINN here on TN, he'll take you along. I haven't been camping in years myself. But I will stay at a Holiday Inn once in a wile. My wife's not all that fun to take along camping like the old days on the west coast, shes not in to bugs, snakes and thing that can see in the dark and sneak up on ya here in the Rockies.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyone that camps or spends time in the outdoors should be an advocate for facilities that enable the disabled to enjoy that experience. It's gotten better than it used to be. There will always be places where not everybody can go, and there will be a few folks we just can't make that work for. But say a disabled person, maybe in a wheelchair, gets the idea they would like to sit on a rock away from the highways and houses and towns and watch the sun go down behind the Collegiate Range, well by god there should be an accessible way they could do that just like I do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions