Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The town had the foresight to save a lot of historic structures and move them to a park along Main Street. They're furnished mostly like they would have been in their era. They've crammed in a lot of extra stuff that wasn't there in the original setting, but you get the idea. So much to look at, and I always see something new. I did not recall Calumet Baking Powder coming in that big of a can, but they had one. I'm familiar with the smaller cans as they were popular for making into rattles for use at powwows in Oklahoma.

Attachments

• 2-17f.jpg
    2-17f.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 59
  • 2-17g.jpg
    2-17g.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 2-17h.jpg
    2-17h.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 61

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RGINN!! Really Neat Artifacts!! I actually have a crank victrola similar to the one in the picture on the right!! Missed out on the Ladies on the left- Thank Goodness!! HE HE!! Hope you're well!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great place to look over, VERDE. And happy Mardi Gras! Which they celebrate up here, but not in a way that you would recognize it, haha!

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neato! The stove on the left, in the second photo looks exactly like the stove my grandparents had when they homesteaded here in Montana.

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one on the left is like the Cadillac of wood stoves to me, old digger. The one on the right is more like what I remember my family using. That probably came in on the railroad when it finally got here and I imagine the lady of the house was tickled to death to get it.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey RGINN!! Colorado Weather down here in M Gras Land!! Glad I was not King and had to stand on that float in a set of Tights with that wind blowing up your derrière!! Woo!! Hope you're well up in C'Land today!! Best of All!! Happy Gras!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! Still looking for Jean Laffiet's Gold Box in My front lawn!! VERDE!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I moved to Leadville in the 70s, they had just shut down the working girls establishment that was above the Pioneer bar maybe 3 years before. In Nevada the lights are on round the clock. I had a CB in the past and you could hear the girls calling out to the truckers to come on by for some free hot coffee, friendly conversation and with no obligation. Just stop on by and have a look.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter-in-law's parents STILL use a wood burning stove. They are off the grid and live in the mountains near here. They had a microwave at one point but got rid of it. You wouldn't believe the delicious, chewy dinner rolls she bakes in that oven. They are retired but make extra money selling veggies, eggs and fruit at the farmer's market all summer. We sold them a couple calves a while back that they raised and butchered themselves. I lived with my grandmother for nearly a year and all she had was a wood stove also. Those old stoves have a place in history similar to that of the old locomotives.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread