View off front porch

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
This is actually another lens test. This afternoon I went ahead and and set up my heavy, fluid head tripod, and broke out the doubler for my 55 to 300 lens. The first picture is the view off my front porch, across the street to the neighbors, where there is a fruit tree in bloom.
1A.jpg
The fruit tree is plumb center in the picture. The next photo is the 55mm at max telephoto.
1B.jpg
Makes for a little better picture than the first, but unless someone said that the subject is the fruit tree, it would be hard to know. So I changed lenses and stepped up the telephoto to 300MM.
1C.jpg
Now that's a little more impressive, I like it, but I spent some coin on a doubler for this lens, and I'd messed with it, only hand held, so pictures didn't turn out. So I put the doubler on the camera, and this last picture would be 600MM.
1D.jpg
I can see a use for the lens, but it is a bit ungainly, and would be hard to use in many circumstances, but for use taking pictures of wild animals from a blind, it looks to me like a real good deal.
This last photo is of an Indian bowl in our rock garden in the middle of the lawn. Nothing special about it, just playing. The lens had to be backed off a bit because it was cutting off parts of the bowl.
bowl.jpg

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
sheesh dude, get a chainsaw, cut down the poles with the lines and the mailboxes!!

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was taken today? Man I've got a blizzard going on here tonight.

Attachments

• snow feb 2015.jpg
    snow feb 2015.jpg
    585.6 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes tamrock, today. We are in for a bad, dry summer, no snow in the mountains, and not enough rain to talk about.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
This is actually another lens test. This afternoon I went ahead and and set up my heavy, fluid head tripod, and broke out the doubler for my 55 to 300 lens. The first picture is the view off my front porch, across the street to the neighbors, where there is a fruit tree in bloom.
View attachment 1122952
The fruit tree is plumb center in the picture. The next photo is the 55mm at max telephoto.
View attachment 1122953
Makes for a little better picture than the first, but unless someone said that the subject is the fruit tree, it would be hard to know. So I changed lenses and stepped up the telephoto to 300MM.
View attachment 1122954
Now that's a little more impressive, I like it, but I spent some coin on a doubler for this lens, and I'd messed with it, only hand held, so pictures didn't turn out. So I put the doubler on the camera, and this last picture would be 600MM.
View attachment 1122956
I can see a use for the lens, but it is a bit ungainly, and would be hard to use in many circumstances, but for use taking pictures of wild animals from a blind, it looks to me like a real good deal.
This last photo is of an Indian bowl in our rock garden in the middle of the lawn. Nothing special about it, just playing. The lens had to be backed off a bit because it was cutting off parts of the bowl.
View attachment 1122957

View out the back door.....I'll trade ya!:tongue3:

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread