tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was my youngest daughters black cat Rizzy, but I guess he's mine now. He's like 11 years old and been with my youngest most all his life. She was the only one he would ever get close to in all those years. He's been a sad cat ever since my daughter moved away about 5 month ago now. Rizzy, will now even crawl up on my lap to sleep and he's never done that over the years he's lived here. I could never tell him he's been replaced by a man in uniform and a new kitten. That's how life goes I guess when you become a kitten to a little girl and she grows up and moves on.

Attachments

• lanae riz cat.jpg
    lanae riz cat.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
  • lanae & austin.jpg
    lanae & austin.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 68
  • lanae & new kitty.jpg
    lanae & new kitty.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 75

TJE

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
Great Lakes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's looking pretty content/safe and comfortable I'd say TR...nice pics!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's looking pretty content/safe and comfortable I'd say TR...nice pics!
No he's bum'd I think, but maybe not. My wife won't have anything to do with him, but feed him.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
He misses his special person and really, he's doing great. Some cats turn mean, some cats withdraw and die. He has replaced your daughter with YOU. Please be gentle and kind to him...

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your daughter ''kind of'' gave Rizzy the divorce papers for a younger kitty? Oh, by the way, lovely looking daughter and handsome looking son-inlaw there.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So your daughter ''kind of'' gave Rizzy the divorce papers for a younger kitty? Oh, by the way, lovely looking daughter and handsome looking son-inlaw there.
He ain't no son in law yet. I'm just learning about this fellow so far. He seems alright. Still she needs to borrow some money from time to time, but she's cut'n it pretty well. She did want to take the cat, but I can tell he'd freak in a new environment, so it be best he stays here with me and the two other dogs. We all sit around together, when I'm looking over T-Net.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Very handsome couple. Be glad it's a cat and not a horse. Here's how that goes, 10 year old girl wants a horse, Dad buys horse, girl loves and rides horse until she is 15 or 16;
girl discovers boys, girl does not ride horse, horse stands in pen and eats hay that Dad buys. Girl goes off to college and then gets married, horse is still in the pen, and Dad is still
buying and feeding hay. Girl occasionally sees horse when she comes home to visit. This goes on until the horse doesn't have teeth, then Dad buys high dollar ground alfalfa and
grain and feeds horse mush until the critter dies of old age, then Dad pays for the backhoe and buries the horse.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very handsome couple. Be glad it's a cat and not a horse. Here's how that goes, 10 year old girl wants a horse, Dad buys horse, girl loves and rides horse until she is 15 or 16;
girl discovers boys, girl does not ride horse, horse stands in pen and eats hay that Dad buys. Girl goes off to college and then gets married, horse is still in the pen, and Dad is still
buying and feeding hay. Girl occasionally sees horse when she comes home to visit. This goes on until the horse doesn't have teeth, then Dad buys high dollar ground alfalfa and
grain and feeds horse mush until the critter dies of old age, then Dad pays for the backhoe and buries the horse.
Sounds like that be a good one to pen to a poem. It be rear tearjerker for sure... I was once out working in Elko, Nevada during the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering one time. Haven't gone back because you can't get a motel room these day unless you make a reservation in advance. I'll bet that's something you'd really enjoy there BosnMate. You can find a few videos online of those good times.

Last edited:

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a beautiful cat, I can't believe she left it behind!! I mean obviously it isn't like she can't have one in her new married life.

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
tamrock...know how that is, but I was the "leaver" :(....left my "blueberry" with my family when I married. Didn't want to take her from her "home" to a new place, was hard, but visited her often. All "Rizzy" needs & wants is some attention/affection & play and you're giving it so..... :thumbsup: and "Thank You" from all of us "leavers".

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like that be a good one to pen to a poem. It be rear tearjerker for sure... I was once out working in Elko, Nevada during the National Cowboy Poetry Gathering one time. Haven't gone back because you can't get a motel room these day unless you make a reservation in advance. I'll bet that's something you'd really enjoy there BosnMate. You can find a few videos online of those good times.

Love Cowboy Poetry. One of my favorites is "Reincarnation." What is reincarnation a cow poke asked his friend --- His pard replied, "It happens when your life has reached it's end ----
They comb your hair and wash your neck, and clean your fingernails, ---- Then lay you in a padded box, away from life's travails ------- Yes sir, I like cowboy poetry, and would have a
great time in Elko.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love Cowboy Poetry. One of my favorites is "Reincarnation." What is reincarnation a cow poke asked his friend --- His pard replied, "It happens when your life has reached it's end ----
They comb your hair and wash your neck, and clean your fingernails, ---- Then lay you in a padded box, away from life's travails ------- Yes sir, I like cowboy poetry, and would have a
great time in Elko.
I went to the Elko gathering I think in 1998. It's gotten much bigger every year since. Heck you got Cattlemen coming all the way from Mongolia these days. It be interesting to know whats average size of a cattle ranch in Mongolia ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread