A weekend of extremes

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Took the family up to Colorado for some skiing. Got in early first day, temps in the 40s and no snow in sight! Decided to do a little back country driving and hiking.

salida backroad.jpg

salida concretion.jpg
Boy do I wish I could run that chunk of tertiary gravel through a wash plant!
Next day the storm came in. Temp was -2 in the higher elevations (while skiing) and dropped about 20 inches of snow, with about 8 fresh inches last night for our drive home today.

salida leaving.jpg
The roads may be slick and hazardous but the views are just beautiful.

salida road art.jpg
The highway slush mixed with spinning tires and 7 degree temps can make some pretty cool art!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see y'all made it up to our part of the country. Here in Summit County there wasn't much of a storm, at least nothin that got our attention. If you ever find yourself heading for the mountains on I-70, just remember you wanna be eastbound in the morning on weekends and westbound in the afternoons.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a Rocky Mountain Hub Urchin, hitched a ride... Wheres this big conglomerate rock at?

Attachments

• Sea_Urchin.JPG
    Sea_Urchin.JPG
    937.3 KB · Views: 129
OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a Rocky Mountain Hub Urchin, hitched a ride... Wheres this big conglomerate rock at?

Hub urchin! I love it! The conglomerate boulder is up in the Arkansas headwaters area. I picked up a few quartz specimens that caught my eye while hiking. Going to take pics and post them in the mining section today.

OP
OP
Jason in Enid

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you have the right tires!:laughing7: :icon_thumright:

GOD Bless

Chris

I hope that was a joke! I almost couldn't get out of the parking lot because I couldn't get over the ridge of snow that the road crews left. Highway tread tires suck in winter.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope that was a joke! I almost couldn't get out of the parking lot because I couldn't get over the ridge of snow that the road crews left. Highway tread tires suck in winter.

Didn't realize they were highway tread...still good tires though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread