tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my trip to Ouray there was a fast moving snow storm that rolled into western Colorado and when I got to town and I only found one place to eat open that night as I walked up town. It was a Mexican restaurant that had the only cars parked out front. Every other place was closed. The next day driving home it was blue skies and clear roads all the way back to Denver. It took me maybe a total of 10+ hours getting to Ouray, but only half that time to get home after this storm moved out. The western slope CDOT did an excellent job in staying ahead of this storm and keeping the roads open. To all the west slope plow drivers, you way out shine the crews on the front range in these massive snow dumps. Excellent work. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• ouray feb 1.jpg
    ouray feb 1.jpg
    956 KB · Views: 68
  • ouray feb 2.jpg
    ouray feb 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 81
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful photos! We finally have blue skies in MA, but received another 4" - 5" inches of snow last night. Oh well, spring is coming!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First one's pretty cool. Snow's back here today.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CDOT here on the western slope does an outstanding job. Course if we didn't have ski resorts, it might just be a couple of old guys out there with shovels and a bag of ice melt, haha! As to Oklahoma, I remember a call I made to ODOT about 30 years ago tryin to get somebody out to clear the roads in a snowstorm. The dispatcher considered a while and finally said 'Waaallll, we cain't do nothin til it quits a-snowin.' I did see some improvement in their service in the years after that though.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
CDOT here on the western slope does an outstanding job. Course if we didn't have ski resorts, it might just be a couple of old guys out there with shovels and a bag of ice melt, haha! As to Oklahoma, I remember a call I made to ODOT about 30 years ago tryin to get somebody out to clear the roads in a snowstorm. The dispatcher considered a while and finally said 'Waaallll, we cain't do nothin til it quits a-snowin.' I did see some improvement in their service in the years after that though.
:laughing7: I passed through Eastern OK last winter during a cold spell, with a little ice and dusting of snow. It was night, and I was surprised to see a snow plow sanding the road.

ronwoodcraft

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2007
Idaho
That's was with my new Motorola smart prone. I'm thinking I may buy one of these Panasonic dmc-zx40k here soon. Panasonic ZS40 Review: First Shots It has the features I think? I'd find nice in a camera for what I like to do. Panasonic also has a new model like this zx40 called the dmc-zs50k Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS50 Preview - CNET so maybe I'll go for that one. ?
There are so many cameras on the market, and so many knew ones being introduced all the time, I can't keep up. I don't think you can go wrong with any of the new cameras. I looked at the link and seems to be a good one. My first DSLR was a 6 megapixel Canon Rebel. I think most camera phones now have more mp's than that.

I'm not a strict loyalist to a brand, I just stick with Canon because I sort of understand the controls, and have acquired some expensive lenses for them over the years.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions