Some friends stopped by for breakfast

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's some of our winter friends, I think they're ready for spring like the rest of us. 100_0949 (800x600).jpg 100_0950.JPG 100_0951 (800x600).jpg 100_0952 (800x600).jpg

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like all birds but the Cardinal is one of my favorites. We don't have them here in California but we had a lot of them in Wisconsin and upstate NY.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Red birds my Grandma called them....the Starlings I call ROBBERS&THIEVES!:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like all birds but the Cardinal is one of my favorites. We don't have them here in California but we had a lot of them in Wisconsin and upstate NY.
we got crows here in cali :dontknow:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I've only seen one live Cardinal in my life, and that's when we were visiting my wife's relatives in Tenn., but we do have Starlings out here. I agree, they are robbers and thieves. We have some bird houses for smaller birds, and those Starlings try to run them off, but they can't get through the hole into the bird house. Where ever the Starlings nest they make a terrible mess, worse than swallows in my opinion.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
This guy lives under my smokehouse and made an appearance finally last week. Spring is coming. Look behind the hose..

Attachments

• IMG_1631.JPG
    IMG_1631.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 84

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have beautiful cardinals coming to your feeder,all i have is the Devil, and it wont leave 004.JPG What are those black birds with the spots?I am not sure if I have seen them around here.

OP
OP
Kevin in IN

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's intresting. I did't know they're range was limited. Thanks.

OP
OP
Kevin in IN

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've only seen one live Cardinal in my life, and that's when we were visiting my wife's relatives in Tenn., but we do have Starlings out here. I agree, they are robbers and thieves. We have some bird houses for smaller birds, and those Starlings try to run them off, but they can't get through the hole into the bird house. Where ever the Starlings nest they make a terrible mess, worse than swallows in my opinion.
I hear what your saying. The Starlings have been roosting in our woodshed, I'm burning as much poop as I am wood.:dontknow:

OP
OP
Kevin in IN

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have beautiful cardinals coming to your feeder,all i have is the Devil, and it wont leave View attachment 1126045 What are those black birds with the spots?I am not sure if I have seen them around here.
Those are Starlings. Kind of a nusance bird, but they gotta eat too. What kind is you devil bird? I like him.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ok,yeah starlings are native here too,I just haven't seen them around..With the help from some treasurenet members I found out it is a North American Mockingbird.It's a mean little devil too,it chases after every other bird that comes around, even the big bluejays.I don't even see the morning crows come around anymore.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread