642.5 KB · Views: 75

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Good idea, I have bunches of slides that never get looked at. I'll have to see if I can do that also. Might be a lot of fun.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
About 10 years ago, I went through all of the pictures that we had. Some from my parents families, and some from my wife's parents families. I scanned all of them onto my hard drive. I was in the process of labeling them when my wife passed. Then it was a time to pack up, sell everything I could, and prepare to move here to Idaho. A few years ago, I was having some computer problems. I downloaded all of the pictures onto an external hard drive, replaced some of the computer components, and reloaded the OS. A few days later, I started loading some of the files from the external drive onto the computer. Then something came up, I don't remember what, but I didn't finish. After a few days, I got the external and tried to download the rest of the files. Nothing! The cat had knocked it off of a shelf onto the carpet, and it broke something. There went all of the work I had put into that project.
Yes, I still have all of those pictures, but have decided to just 'let 'em lie'. I don't think there are any of the family that would appreciate them enough for me to go to all that trouble again. It's sad, but that's the way I feel about it. 'Course, if they want to see the pictures, they can take them from the boxes I have them stored in, and see them. Things have really changed during my lifetime. Pictures were prized possessions when I was growing up. Now a days, the younger ones like to take pictures, put them on the computer in a folder, and very seldom go back and look at them. I made disc a few weeks ago of the pictures we took during the holidays. I gave it to my daughter. She has not looked at it yet; maybe never will. Oh, well, just accept it and move on, I guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions