Kodak slides

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Worldtalker has posted a couple of pictures taken before digital. That kind of kicked me in the butt to post a few of my slides from long long ago and far far away. Hope you enjoy them. This is the first few.
16.jpg
Back in 1959 or 60, I got a summer job packing mules in the high country of the southern Sierra Nevada. My memory isn't all that good anymore, but this picture is the outlet of a lake just below Banner or Ritter Mountain, I forget which one, and I forget the name of the lake. The elevation is timberline, 10,500 feet, the mountain is over 14,000 feet, and I would be taking the picture from the John Muir trail, sitting on my horse, a string of mules behind me. This is just south of Yosemite National park, and very close to being the very headwaters of the San Joaquin river.
The John Muir trail is part of the pacific crest trail, that travels through the high country from Mexico to Canada.
11.jpg
This is Shadow Lake, the picture is taken from a trail on the high bench on the east side of gorge of the middle fork of the San Joaquin River. This view is looking across the very deep gorge. You can see the white ribbon of water coming from the outlet of the lake. To the right of that stream you can see the trail through the solid granite. The trail takes you up to the outlet of the lake. The two peaks in the right hand horizon are Banner and Ritter mountains.
14.jpg
I'm sitting on my horse, on the above mentioned trail, the outlet of the lake is just right ahead.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Western scenery is some of the most majestic in the world. The dimensions and layers are endless. Super nice work!

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Some cool shots Bosn.....bet you ain't riding horses these days.:laughing7:

GOD Bless

Chris

I haven't been on a horse for over 20 years. Ended up with no place to keep one, then about 5 years ago a place became available, and I got to thinking it would be fun to have a horse, so I set out to buy one. First thing I couldn't get on, got a box and got on the bloody thing, tried it out a bit, and realized that if I fell off at my age and weight, I wouldn't bounce, I'd just go splat, so gave it up as a bad idea.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are beautiful. Well you could maybe go the ATV route??

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread