fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No and no. I thought Rotweiller when I first saw him but he's not one. I'll give you a hint; he is one of a few breeds that does not cause allergies in people. That is the main reason my wife picked him.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cute puppy, but I'm stumped on the breed.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
If he's anything like my granddaughters little bitty Yorky, he'll think he's a Rottweiler.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yorkie he is! We can't bring him home until the end of April but my wife is already stocking up on supplies. We may even make a day trip to Jeffer's Pet Supply in Dothan, Alabama one Saturday in the near future.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! I have a "Morkie", she part Yorkie other part maltese

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo_picture.gif
Nice photographs! One thing about a dog - they will love you no matter what. :) Thanks for sharing...

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fyrffytr1, cute pup. Mixed breeds are wonderful! I had a chi/pug mix; picture a pug with a chi head! Got to almost 25 pounds; but had kidney failure problems, finally had to put him to sleep. Still have a little chi/terrier. She's 13 and still, most time, very active.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie is a purebred Yorkie. I think we may have also adopted our neighbor's Rat terrier. He stays here all evening and we have to make him go home.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We found a good home for our neighbors Rat Terrier at his request so it will be only Charlie moving in with us. Here he is a 5 1/2 weeks. He's starting to play and seems to be bonding with my wife. We may be able to bring him home in two or three weeks.

Attachments

• Barb and Charlie.JPG
    Barb and Charlie.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 67

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He's a cutie! Dogs are OK but Terriers are great!

Jake, my copilot, when he was a pup.

Jakelistening1.jpg

(Kerry Blue Terrier).

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thought I would update Y'all on Satan, I mean Charlie! He is now about 5 months old and is a holy terror! No bug is safe when he is on the prowl. Here he is after chasing a dragonfly around the yard. One small bit of bad news is he has a hernia that will have to be repaired when we have him neutered. The vet wants to wait as long as possible for Charlie to put on some weight. He now weighs a whopping 5 pounds and 2 ounces!

Attachments

• 5 months 2.JPG
    5 months 2.JPG
    280.9 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny you should post this tonight.

Just half an hour ago a car stopped and pulled in my driveway and a shaken young man heasitantly asked me if I owned a dog . . . they'd just hit one out front of my house. Jake was in with me - but the neighbors across the street have a cute tiny Yorkie. Sure enough.

I thanked the young man for stopping, got a box and made the poor little guy presentable, and walked him up to the owners to deliver the bad news. Feeling pretty low; but I'm sure it's worse across the street.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sad story but, if you don't keep your dog fenced in or watched at all times when they're outside, you can only blame yourself.

OP
OP
fyrffytr1

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just had a small section of the backyard fenced just so Charlie can run free. We are also getting him accustomed to a harness and leash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions