Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the name of a stuck up Ute sub-chief, but refers to all the closer I could get today. Heard about this nest a couple of bald eagles were building up by Green Mountain Reservoir and finally located it today. Sorry about the far away shot, but it's quite a ways from the road on posted property and that's the best my telephoto lens could do for now.

Attachments

• 3-10y.jpg
    3-10y.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 76
  • 3-10z.jpg
    3-10z.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 73

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I played with the picture a little bit, but wasn't a whole lot I could do, simply because I don't know what I'm doing. If I tried to get it any larger it just pixelated.
5A.jpg

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be able to get some better shots later on now that I know where the nest is. I see quite a few up here, and have been pretty close to some, but it's usually a case of not havin the camera ready. The most eagles I've seen are along Highway 9 between here and Kremmling, which has a very high amount of roadkill deer. Most people don't know it, but bald eagles are primarily scavengers, right in there fighting over the carcass with the magpies, ravens, and crows. They are fish hunters though and like to nest near water, but they won't pass up an easy meal. In the movies, that long 'Screeeeeeee' you hear when an eagle flies over? That's usually the overdubbed cry of a red tail hawk. Eagles don't sound much like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions