BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Old pic's from college days

Got out of the Navy, went to horse shoeing school, and then went on to college for three years on the GI bill. This first picture is one of my favorites of all that I've ever taken. I was in the college rodeo arena, down on my knees, so I would be shooting up, making the horse look like it was bucking higher, at least that's what I was hoping for. This wasn't an SLR camera, it was an Argus C-3, and I'd played with it a bit, taking color slides, so was familiar with light meters and shutter speeds. Anyhow, I really like this picture.
15.jpg
In another post, I've already shown some pictures taken when I had a summer job packing mules into the high Sierra, Nevada. In those college days I was pretty picky about the girls I dated. The first and most important thing in those days was they had to have a double horse trailer so I could get my horse to the team ropings. A guy has to have his priorities in order, and the GI bill didn't pay enough for me to afford a horse trailer.
8.jpg
At the end of my third year I got married, quit college and got a job in N. California, and my bride took this picture of me. Ladies and Gentlemen, those days are long gone. That fellow sitting on the fence wouldn't even make a good shadow of what I am today. Seems that old age has a way of adding a pound or two here and there, ya know what I mean?
13.jpg

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That old Argus took pretty good pictures.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, great pictures! About the age adding a pound or two now and then: I haven't added many pounds, just inches to the waist! I weigh about 6 or 7 pounds more, but have about 6 inches more in the waist! Hey! Ain't funny!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread